Chapter 49: Silent Treatment!

(Mature Language 18+; Double Updates: Read Chapter 48 first!)

Completely taken aback by her silence, he put his hands at his hips and stared at the swinging door for another few seconds thinking about their debate a few minutes back. He was neither mad at her nor their baby. Of course not! How could he be mad at either of them? It was just that he was mad at the situation they were in and he always hated when things didn't go as per his plans.

Still unable to believe her reaction, he left the bathroom only to find her sitting on the chair sketching something in her book. Of course his eyebrows shot up in surprise. Here he was discussing something so important and there this woman not only ignored his presence but found that freaking sketching book more important.

Scrunching his eyebrows, he walked towards her saying, "What do you think you are doing? I am talking about something and you just walked out?" But all this poor man got in response was silence. She didn't even look at him.

"I am talking to you woman..."

But even before he could complete what he was saying, she closed the book and stood up. A smirk crossed his face thinking that he managed to bring her attention back but she paid no heed to him and simply walked towards the balcony.

Needless to mention, she successfully wiped off that thick smirk from his face without even uttering a word.

Talk about ignorance!

"Did she just ignore me?" He muttered running his fingers through his hair while she picked the water sprinkler and started sprinkling water on the plants as if this was the prime thing at that moment. Biting his lower lip a little, he walked towards her and threw his hands in the air asking, "Why the hell are you ignoring me now?"

"Talk to me!"

And when she didn't reply even this time, he grabbed the water sprinkler from her hand and set it on the floor saying, "Just leave this for a while and talk to me!"

Even before he could turn around and grab her, she moved away and stepped inside trying her level best not to break her silence. Only god knew how hard she was trying to keep quiet and carry on with her nonchalant behavior. But she knew she had to stay strong otherwise this man would go on and on shouting without even thinking straight.

When he saw her lying down on the bed turning her back towards him, he scrunched his eyebrows and asked sharply, "What's wrong with you? I am trying to talk to you."

And when he received no response just like earlier, he rolled his eyes and walked towards the other side of the bed. Her hand was protectively wrapped around her belly and she had closed her eyes as if hinting that she was least interested in talking to him.

Heaving a deep sigh, he looked at the ceiling trying to calm down his frustration. He wasn't mad at her or their little baby. He was just mad at the situation they were in and to some extent he was mad at himself too for taking this so far.

Because one look at how she had protectively wrapped her arm around her belly, he could easily tell how much she loved the little pea inside her womb. He finally understood what this was all about.

And to be honest even though he resisted the whole idea, but for some reason, he was looking forward to what was in store for them. And he would do anything for his wife and her happiness because he can never stay away from her.

Biting his lower lip, he looked at her pretty face and asked again, "What's going on in your mind? Why are you avoiding me?"

His lips curled up a little when he saw her turning the other side without giving him a response. Oh this woman knew what she was doing. She knew how much it would bug him if she stopped talking to him. It felt like his anger and frustration flew out of the window.