Chapter 33: Innocent Bride - Impatient Groom!

(Mature Language 18+; Double Update: Chapters 33 & 34)

"The hell I am doing that!" Eric barked rolling his fingers into fists while the rest of the family rolled their eyes at him.

And why not? He was being extraordinarily dramatic causing unnecessary scene and gaining extra unnecessary attention from everyone; even the house staff too.

Of course he had to cause this drama. After all, his parents dropped a major bomb on his head saying that the bride and groom to-be must sleep in different rooms that night and he was not supposed to see Mahima before the wedding.

And so, here he is...

Throwing a tantrum worth of a 2 year old!

It was not that he didn't know about their culture but considering how cool and broad minded his parents are, he thought they wouldn't play the 'old-school' card. But oh boy, he was definitely in for the greatest shock of his life.

Not only did they nearly gave him a heart stroke but also took greatest liberty in asking Mahima to sleep in Charlotte's room for that night. Now being an obedient daughter-in-law this sweet girl agreed without any second thoughts as if slapping Eric straight on his face without even raising her hand.

Plus, the cheeky evil ear-to-ear grin on Charlotte's face and the way she wiggled her eyebrows having fun at his expense was like fire on an open wound.

"Gosh! If you continue to grind your teeth, I am sure you will lose them right away. I mean come on, no one really wants to see the groom teeth less."

Of course Charlotte had to give her unnecessary inputs just to irk her 'helpless' brother. Didn't she?

"Shut up you devil!"

"Enough you two!"

Ruby chided narrowing her eyes and looked at the maids as if asking them to get back to their works while Rowan cleared his throat wondering when will his kids stop their bickering and finally behave like two mature adults.

And even before Ruby could say anything, Eric grabbed Mahima's hand and pulled her towards him saying, "The hell I am going to stay away from my wife!"

Charlotte who was super excited for a mini girl's night in her room grabbed Mahima's other hand and pulled towards her saying, "Geez! Stop exaggerating! It's not that you will die if you stay away from her for one night!"

To say the naughty brother-sister duo were nearly playing a tug-off war with poor Mahima as the rope would be such a grave understatement.

"Oh my god! Stop that you two. You are going to hurt her."

Well they would have continued their fight on who should Mahima spend time with if it wasn't for Ruby to literally stop them.

Raising her hand, she pointed her index finger at her son and spoke in a warning tone, "Listen to me Eric and you better listen good. I am not going to tolerate you behaving like a kid. You can very well survive one night without your wife around. Now stop throwing tantrums and go to bed! Now!"

And now what was the poor boy supposed to say?

With his voice dying in his throat, he crossed his arms across his chest with a huge scowl playing on his face while Ruby gently caressed Mahima's arm saying, "My dear, I really hope you don't mind staying away from your husband for one night?"

Now why will Mahima have a problem with that? For a girl who respects cultures and beliefs, it was not difficult for her to obey Ruby's wishes.

For sure Ruby is a cool woman, but in certain things she did hold old school thoughts. And to be honest, Mahima didn't really have any problem with that.