Chapter 42: What if ... ?

(Mature Language 18+; Double Update: Chapter 42 & 43)

"Get away from my wife you bloody f*****!"

"You sick p****, how dare you touch my wife?"

Eric roared and barged towards Nicholas like a bull. Curling his fingers around Mahima's arm, he pushed her away and grabbed Nicholas' collar. With his blood boiling and pumping all through his body like an erupting lava, he punched Nicholas on his face.

He was so angry that all he could think about was burning this shameless man alive right on spot. The mere thought of some man being close to his wife got his blood boiling. And when he saw how his wife was in this guy's arms just a second back just released the angry beast in him.

Every powerful punch had thrown Nicholas either on the floor or on the kitchen counter. Of course needless to mention the commotion caused in the apartment was no less than an earthquake. By now, even Carlos had hurried out hearing all the chaos and was completely thrown off-guard witnessing his boss nearly beating the life out of that man.

As another tough punch landed straight on Nicholas' mouth and blood spluttered everywhere, Mahima gasped in shock and worry. She had never seen Eric this angry except the day he had saved her from Santosh and Usha back in India when they were trying to get her forcefully married to Dheeraj. She definitely understood his anger and pain that day but today she was unable to understand his behaviour.

She knew she had to do something before he actually killed Nicholas blinded by his anger. Well, to her everything happened so fast that her confusion just crossed the brim. As he threw another punch and grabbed Nicholas' collar, she rushed towards them trying to stop the fight but all she got in return was a sharp statement, "Stay away Mahima!"

But could she really stay away and let her husband kill someone? Nope! Even though she was hell scared to even go near Eric, she gathered up her courage and held his hand saying, "Please! Stop! Please!"

"I SAID STAY AWAY!"

She gasped and stepped back a little seeing her husband roaring like a lion. She was so worried, scared and confused.

And as seconds ticked by, Eric didn't leave even a single opportunity to kick the life out of Nicholas. But what surprised her more was, all throughout the fight, Nicholas hadn't even tried to fight back. Unable to control anymore, she banged her fist on the counter and yelled, "Thamba! What happened? Why are you beating him? Nothing happened between us. Please stop!" (Stop!)

Well, she knew he was upset seeing her that close to Nicholas a while back. But little did she know that that was not the only reason behind Eric's anger.

Her outburst was enough to bring him back but what irked him more was her innocent nature. He couldn't believe that even after everything, this woman couldn't see things clearly. Why does she have to be this innocent and believe everyone? And he knew he had to break it to her. After all even she had to know that everyone is not as sweet and innocent as she is. She had the right to know. Didn't she?

"STOP? Why should I?" He barked making his way towards her while Carlos simply rushed towards Nicholas and decided to keep an eye on him for Eric. Of course he could clearly understand there was a huge reason why Eric had punched Nicholas this badly.

"Kay?" (What?)

As she softly whispered back looking at him with confusion laced on her pretty face, Eric pulled out his phone and handed it to her. When she crinkled her eyes as if asking him what this was all about, he hinted her to look at it.

And there...

To say her world stopped spinning the instant she saw the photos would be such an understatement. It felt like she had frozen right then and there. It felt like the ground under her feet had slipped abruptly and had sunk her into the earth's core. Absolute pin drop silence and she could feel her vision turning blurry.