Chapter 7: 10 Kg Rice Sac!

(Mature Language 18 +)

The next morning she arrived at sharp 6 o'clock with Kulkarni kaka. After accompanying her till the bungalow, he left for his work. Of course she offered to make him some tea before he headed to work. But he politely denied saying he had work in another village and had to leave immediately.

Unlocking the door with the spare key she had with her, she stepped into the house without making much noise. As those cute little snores coming from every room filled her ears, she smiled softly and made her way towards the kitchen.

Setting the milk to boil on a very low flame, she picked up the broom to start with sweeping the floor. With the naughty incident that happened the morning before, she decided to clean his room after he left for work.

That is if he actually left for work. Heaving a deep sigh she desperately wished him to go out at least for a few hours and give her poor soul a little breathing space.

And why not?

Since he kissed her last night, she was completely lost. That was her first kiss and to say it felt like heaven would be such an understatement. She was neither able to sleep last night nor was she able to concentrate on her works. This man had drenched her in his magnetic magic and now he was the only one on her mind every single second.

Nearly 15 minutes had passed by the time she was done with sweeping the lower floor. The milk too was ready by now. Washing her hands properly with soap, she pulled the tea and sugar containers from the cabinets. Adding the required amount of tea powder, sugar, cardamom and grated ginger to water, she decided to mop the floor till the tea was ready.

As the contents danced in the boiling water, she was done mopping the floor. She was in mood to make the authentic Maharashtrian breakfast called 'Misal Pav'.

'Misal Pav' is a super vibrant and a very popular Indian breakfast or meal. It is made with a spicy sprouted bean curry topped with crunchy 'farsan', crisp red onions, fresh cilantro and is often served with lightly buttered 'pav' or dinner rolls.

 It is made with a spicy sprouted bean curry topped with crunchy 'farsan', crisp red onions, fresh cilantro and is often served with lightly buttered 'pav' or dinner rolls

The bold flavours of this peppery dish are accentuated with a dash of zingy lemon, packing in an explosion of flavours in every bite. To say we get that heavenly feel of all flavours in our mouth would be just nothing.

With a preparation time of about 10 minutes and cooking time of around 30 minutes, this delicious heaven is not only mouth watering but also very filling.

* * *

As the curtains swayed in sync with the morning breeze and the warm sunrays fell on his face, he scrunched his eyebrows a little and gave in to his urge to sleep longer.

And why not?

He was so tired and with his mind running back and forth with her thoughts, he hardly slept last night. Only in the wee hours he was finally destined with some sleep.