Chapter 48: Unexpected Outburst!

(Mature Language 18+; Double Updates: Chapter 48 & 49)

"How the hell did you miss your f****** periods?"

Mahima was startled by his outburst. Well, why not? Even though she was worried about his reaction all this while and with the way he has been going on and on about how important it was for them to wait to start a family, somehow she knew that he will show resistance against the whole idea of her early pregnancy.

But now, hearing his words and seeing the anger lacing on his handsome face, she was so scared and shocked.

Why? Why does it have to be like this?

Even before she could compose herself and say something, he barged towards the bathroom counter and started looking through the drawers. Well obviously, he was looking for the birth control pills.

"What the f****** hell Mahima?"

If he was mad earlier then this was ten times more than that!

The instant her gaze landed on the blister pack in between his fingers, her eyes grew wide as saucers and she could feel the ground under her feet slipping away. As she sucked in her breath and lowered her gaze fidgeting with her delicate fingers, he understood that his cute little wife did the obvious blunder!

Yes, she missed the pills!

But of course it wasn't a deliberate act from her side and he knew it better than anyone else. Even though waiting that long for kids, was not what she wanted, but still she respected his decision and agreed to wait for 3 years. And he knew how careful she was with the birth control measures just like he had wanted. But now? But now seeing the blister pack he was majorly upset.

That's true! She was very regular with the pills till his latest business trip but the whole drama with Nicholas and Mia got her so occupied that these tiny pills completely slipped from her mind. And that awesome hot honeymoon didn't really help either.

"Why didn't you take them?" He asked snapping her out of her thoughts while she gulped heavily and tried to calm her heart pounding inside her chest.

To say her voice died inside her throat would be such an understatement. What was she supposed to say now? Should she tell him that she forgot to take the pills? But the question is even if she told him the truth will he stay calm and give her a chance to explain? Especially when he was so particular about his 3 years plan regarding kids?

God, he sounded so angry!

Her revere of thoughts broke when she heard his grim voice again and this time much closer to her face, "I asked you something!"

It is not that he didn't want kids. Of course he did and he was right in his place. He knew with kids, it will be too much on her plate and he just wanted her to relax a little before taking the big step. He wanted her to settle and make a career first; he didn't want to bombard her with responsibilities.

He never really said anything to her and always supported her in whichever way possible; let that be about studies, life style or even when it came to Lord Shiva. He always stood by her side no matter what. But when it came to starting a family, he was very different.

Being his wife she just wanted to support him just like he had been supporting her till this day. That was the reason she agreed on waiting for 3 years.

And now she felt bad. He asked her for just one thing and she felt bad for not being able to support him this time. But at the same time she knew it wasn't in her hands. Plus, she always wanted kids and she has been dreaming about this since the day she fell in love with this man.