Chapter 43: Bittersweet!

(Mature Language 18+; Double Updates: Chapters 42 & 43!)

"WHAT?"

Heaving a deep sigh, he continued, "Yes, Kitty has a hole in her heart. I need money for operation and I really don't know how long she can live without being treated. So, I wanted easy cash and believe me I was totally against doing this but I couldn't help. I was bound. Kitty is the only family I have and I can't lose her. No one helped me with the finance. I know no reason is enough for what I have done to you and I am really guilty. But please, I am telling you the truth. My daughter is dying, I need to save her. I can't lose her."

If the truth about the 'setup' came as a shock to her then learning about Kitty illness came as a bigger shock. Not even in her wildest dreams she ever thought that this sweet girl was in so much trouble.

Even though she absolutely hated Nicholas' way of getting money, she still knew how desperate he was to save his daughter. It was quite evident. For sure, she hated how he traded his conscience and tried to frame her but at the same time she felt so sad for Kitty and wanted to do something for her.

Whatever happened, it wasn't Kitty's fault and she definitely didn't deserve to die. She couldn't believe how such a little girl was struggling to live every single day. And obviously, being the sweet person that she is, she wanted to do something for Kitty and do her best to save that girl's life.

Her revere of thoughts broke when she heard Nicholas going on his knees and pleading her, "I know I did wrong but believe me. I just wanted to save my daughter. I was so desperate that I didn't think about the consequences or anyone else. Punish me all you can but please let me save my daughter."

Moved by the little girl's health condition, she looked at Eric and asked softly, "Can we please help Kitty. She cannot die. She is innocent."

As she let out her request, he looked back at her and smiled softly saying, "You are the kindest person I have ever met. Sweetheart, I already took care of it. I am your husband and I know what you want. She will be operated this evening. She is already admitted in the hospital and that's the reason she isn't back from school yet. Xavier is taking care of it."

To say she was pleasantly shocked would be nothing. Yes, by now Kitty should have been back home. With all this drama, no one really paid attention to the fact that Kitty wasn't home yet. She felt so happy learning how generous her husband is. He easily knew what she wanted and had even acted on it before she could ask him. Well, why not? Just like her even Eric believed that Kitty was not the one at fault and she definitely needed someone to help her.

Even before she could say something, Nicholas gasped softly and asked hurriedly, "What? What did you say? Operated?"

As Mahima turned and shot Nicholas a tough yet unpleasant look, Eric clenched his jaw tightly and nodded his head saying, "You heard that right. Your daughter will be saved. She is innocent and I know you can't pay for the operation. Whatever happened, it was not her mistake and she deserves to live."

As Eric's words ringed in his ears, Nicholas cupped his mouth feeling guiltier than ever. He couldn't believe how the people whom he wanted to trouble were indeed helping him irrespective of knowing everything. He didn't know how he was supposed to thank them for being such amazing people with golden hearts. They both looked so divine to him.

After all they do say... 'To err is to human and to forgive is to divine'! Don't they?

* * *

Well, everything was nearly settled. People got what they deserved and were kept in places where they belonged. Even though setting up some innocent person was wrong, still considering no one was physically hurt, this issue could not really go to the police. Because without any strong base, a case cannot be developed. Plus, he didn't want to draw attention from public and put Mahima under spotlight. But that didn't mean the culprits weren't punished. Well, Eric is a powerful man and definitely knew how to handle them without drawing attention.