9 - We Have Not Long To Love

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 9
Word Count: 2938

Hope, Miracle, Klaus, Hayley, and Freya were having breakfast together.

"The curse that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us. On our city. On our home. On our family." Klaus began. "The consequences of us being together were grave, but today, we celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side. And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family. Always and forever."

"Would you please pass the beignets?" Miracle asked Hope.

"Of course." Hope passed them over, smiling softly at her twin.

After Miracle had knocked her out after Avery's funeral, they'd have a long chat. Hope yelled, Miracle apologised, but in the end, sisterhood won above all else... and Hope had promised to be there for Miracle as much as she could to help her deal with the black magic now residing in her.

"So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas." Klaus mentioned.

"It'll be nice to have her here." Hope commented.

"It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again." Freya said happily, glad to have her family back. Most of them...

"Good morning." Elijah strolled into the room. Miracle avoided eye contact and, instead, stared at a fork on the table instead. Her sudden anger towards Elijah being in the room had been directed towards the fork and it started to bend. "Obviously, there is a lot for us to discuss. Hope, Miracle... let me begin by telling you two how truly sorry--"

"Thanks for breakfast, guys." Miracle abruptly stood up, cutting her uncle off. "But I have homework to catch up on." She quickly left the room. The room fell silent as everyone watched her leave. Klaus with a sad expression, Hope with one of concern, Freya will one of pity, and Elijah with one full of guilt...

"I'll go with her. See if she's alright..." Hope muttered, before also rising to her feet. She gave Klaus and Freya a small smile, quickly glanced at the bent fork on the table that Miracle literally caused with her mind, and then didn't even look at Elijah as she headed upstairs after Miracle. Hope entered their shared room, immediately spotting her sister pacing around the room. "Hey, are you okay? What happened down there?"

"I don't know, Hope!" Miracle groaned loudly in frustration, running her hands through her soft brown hair. "It's just... ugh! I don't even know!"

"I think you do... you bent a fork in half."

"Better than sticking it in the side of Elijah's neck." Miracle snapped angrily. Hope hesitantly walked closer to the frustrated tribrid.

"Talk to me, M..."

"It's uncle Elijah, okay?" Miracle sighed, calming down as she quietly sat down on her bed, looking down at her hands on her lap. "He... he is the reason that mom is dead, and he thinks that some little meaningless apology is going to fix everything! But at the end of the day, she is still dead, and he could've stopped it if he just let himself remember! It's his fault and I'll never forget that!"

She knew that Elijah could hear every word that she was saying, but she didn't even care. No, Miracle wanted him to hear. She wanted Elijah to know just how badly he screwed up! She wanted him to know that she wasn't ever going to forgive him...

"Oh..." Hope slowly came and sat beside her twin, resting a hand gently on Miracle's shoulder. "But... he wasn't himself, M."

"I don't care. Okay? I'm not ready to forgive him, memory or not." Miracle responded quietly.