3 - Turning Up in Blue

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 3
Word Count: 1962

Elijah's journal - 1359

I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister Rebekah has grown quite indifferent to brutality.

However, the true problem remains my brother Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their elder brother, can lead them down the correct path. A path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

---

"Did you seriously dispose of those vampire's without me? I cannot believe you! You know I love to set things, any things, on fire." Rebekah feigned shock and hurt dramatically while she said that. Niklaus smirked slightly.

"I couldn't exactly leave them in the yard to rot, could I, dear sister?" Klaus rhetorically asked, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "They were my responsibility anyway. They tried to attack a helpless, pregnant girl. Oh, but not just any pregnant girl, am I right? The one who is carrying both of my children."

"Wow, Nik. You're finally showing some interest in the pregnant wolf girl who's carrying your children? Finally deciding to pay attention to her? Finally understanding that you're going to become a father? Finally realise that the pregnant wolf girl's sister won't be enough to help her raise the unborn twins? I'm so shocked." Rebekah explained, scowling slightly.

Rebekah hoped that her jealousy wasn't clear in her voice, but it probably was. All Rebekah wanted was to become mortal, find the perfect guy for her, get married and then raise a family of their own. But, of course, she couldn't have that.

Just then, Avery and Hayley walked into the room together, looking between the two Mikaelson siblings.

"Talking about me, are you? Well, this pregnant wolf girl would like to know what the plan is, and so would the sister." Avery spoke.

"And what plan would that be, love? My plan, which is global domination! Or Rebekah's plan, to simply find love when it is clearly impossible because we live in a dark, cruel world."

Before anyone could even blink, Rebekah had used her vamp speed to grab the nearest sharp, pointy object and launch it at Klaus. But, of course, Klaus' vampire reflexes stopped the pointy object from jamming into his neck.

"The plan to get Elijah." Hayley eventually spoke up.

"Yeah. You know? The 'good brother'! The brother who is now being kept hidden away somewhere by your enemy right after you completely stabbed him in the back!" Avery exclaimed. Klaus rolled his eyes.

"You two promised to rescue him! So have you thought of a plan yet or not!?" Hayley snapped. She had a temper, but not as bad as Avery's. And Rebekah's and Klaus' was worse than Avery's! So basically, everyone in that room had a pretty bad temper.

"Fine... First off, Marcel isn't even an enemy. He is a good friend who is completely unaware of my plans to sabotage his crown as king of the supernatural in the French Quarter. But still, he's still a friend." Klaus smirked. "And second of all, I daggered Elijah so I could hopefully gain Marcel's trust! I never knew that he would place my brother in the hands of a very skilled and quite powerful teen witch." Klaus finished explaining. "Sister, would you like to carry on?"