12 - Dance Back from the Grave

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 12
Word Count: 4035

Marcel was walking a flight of stairs and saw his close vampire friends all there.

"Hey, Marcel." Diego noticed Marcel descending the staircase and walked up to him. "Maybe you know what's going on. Klaus ordered us to meet here, and now he's a no-show."

"What do you want from me?" Marcel asked. "It's a new regime. Get used to it."

"Dearest brethren, your attention, please." Klaus walked into the room with Thierry. Everyone looked shocked to see Thierry there, after Marcel had punished him for going against the rules by banishing him to a century in the garden to rot. "No doubt, you're all surprised to see Thierry Vanchure, who's supposed to be rotting in the garden for the crime of killing one of our own. And I personally decided to issue him with a pardon. I hope you'll all welcome home Thierry. Welcome home, mate." Diego approached Thierry and pulled him into a hug.

Klaus walked up to Marcel, grinning. Marcel quickly picked up on it.

"You're in a good mood. You should visit Mystic Falls more often." He commented. "Did you finally get that girl?"

"Nah. Ariana and that Salvatore boy, Damon, were on a... break. Temporarily, of course. I slept with her during that, then I came back here and she went running back to Damon." Klaus explained, then smirked. "But still, she just couldn't resist my charms at that moment. We stumbled upon eachother in the woods when Ariana was searching for that human friend of hers who had been buried alive. There is always some kind of drama happening in Mystic Falls. And, as much as I'd like to visit more often, i have pressing responsibilities here."

Klaus paused, looking around at the other vampires in the room. He then spoke again.

"Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us. Without Davina, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbours. However, since their Harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes." Klaus explained. "Diego, i wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron."

Everyone grinned and quietly cheered. Klaus looked around and saw that Marcel had stood up and began to walk away, probably at the mention of Davina. Klaus rushed up and caught up with him.

"Marcel, I'd hoped you would join Diego." Klaus muttered.

"Nah. I'm gonna take a personal day." Then, Marcel moved past Klaus and left.

---

Elijah was walking around the French Quarter with Rebekah, chatting.

"Now, you may doubt him. Today I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress." Elijah said.

"Please, Elijah." Rebekah scoffed. "Who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out?"

"Why would you do such a thing?" Elijah wondered.

"Because, despite Klaus' reprieve, Thierry despises him." Rebekah answered. "I like that about Thierry. I also like that he used to date a witch, so he knows about French Quarter covens. Maybe he can lead me to whoever stole off with the Harvest magic."

"Rebekah, we are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual." Elijah sighed.

"That's just it. There was no outcome! We both know that power like that doesn't just vanish. I say someone stole it. I'd like to know who, and then I'd like to make an ally out of them." Rebekah stated.

"To what end, exactly?" Elijah asked as he stopped walking, making Rebekah stop and turn to face him.

"I'm tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother." Rebekah admitted. "If you want to stop a bully, you need the power to stand up to them."