Prologue

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 0
Word Count: 5886

Avery Marshall strutted through the halls of the Lockwood mansion with her twin sister, Hayley, by her side. They turned a corner and Avery smirked when she saw who was sitting in front of them with his back towards them. Their dear wolf friend, Tyler Lockwood.

"Long time no see, wolf boy." Avery spoke up, her smirk widening. Tyler turned around and he grinned when he saw Hayley and Avery smirking down at him. Tyler immediately stood up and walked up to them.

"Avery? Hayley!?"

He pulled Hayley in for a hug. After a few seconds, they pulled away and Tyler rushed to give Avery a hug. But in the middle of their hug, Avery pulled away and punched his chest.

"Ass! We thought Klaus killed you."

Tyler looked sympathetically at Hayley and Avery.

"Forget about that for now, Ave! Look at where he's staying!" Hayley mentioned, Avery looked around. Wow.

"You liar!" She said to Tyler, still smiling though. "You're totally loaded!"

"We chained you up all over the Appalachians. We talked you through every turn. We helped you break the sire bond. You could have told us your real story." Hayley pointed out.

"I didn't want anybody to follow me back. Werewolves weren't safe around Klaus, and you two shouldn't be here, either. His hybrids are all over this house, and so is he." Tyler stated.

"We know." Hayley said.

"One of his hybrids is with a pack Hales and I ran with. He called us and told us that he was coming to protect a guy named Tyler, and I thought, tsk, what are the chances?" Avery explained.

"Well, the least you could do is pour us some fancy, rich people scotch." Hayley walked over to Tyler's sofa and sat down.

Tyler grinned and went to make the girls some scotch. Avery went and sat on the sofa, too, putting her feet up on his table and getting comfy.

---

While Hayley was still sitting patiently on the sofa, Avery had gotten bored and decided to look around the average sized room. She smiled when she looked at Tyler's sweet photos, all stood on his shelves in frames. Avery picked one up.

"You two are both new faces." A voice behind Avery made her jump a little. She put the photo down and turned around. Hayley stood up and stood beside Avery.

"Who are you?" Hayley asked, glaring a little at the guy. Avery recognised that accent from Tyler's description.

"That accent must make you an old one. Klaus." Avery eventually concluded.

"My reputation precedes me. Hopefully not all bad." Klaus' smirk widened.

"A little bad. Mostly repulsive." Avery told him, making Klaus' smirk drop. He glared at Avery and she just returned it with a small smirk.

"So, you're friends of Tyler's?" It was not a question, it was a statement. Klaus stepped towards the girls. "That's strange, he's never mentioned either of you." Klaus was silent for a second. Avery knew that he was trying to hear something with his vampire hearing. Then, he smirked. "And I think I know why."

---

Avery had just finished eating some food that she secretly stole from Tyler's fridge when she and Hayley heard Tyler and the hybrid that was in the pack they'd ran with, Dean, arguing or something. Avery being Avery, she had to eavesdrop.

But before she could properly hear what they were saying, this blonde chick came and blocked her view. Blondie turned towards them.

"Uh, who are you?" Blondie asked. Avery stepped forward.