3 - Ne Me Quitte Pas

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 3
Word Count: 2637

A/N:
I am so sorry that I have been a little inactive lately. I still try to post whenever I can, but my writing schedule is a little messed up right now.
This is only because school has got me freaking out and stressed out of my mind. I'm in year 11 (I'm from England), so it's all about mock exams and GCSEs, which is honestly making me feel so low recently. It's taking a huge toll on my life.
For example, it is currently 10:30pm and I've spent since 3:45pm doing homework and revision.
I have a 12 mark question due tomorrow in ethics, and I also have a history end of topic exam AND a physics test.
Yes, all in one day.
So, as you can see, tonight has been really really frustrating as I haven't been able to focus on the revision properly, and I really suck at physics and history, which isn't good...
If I am a bit inactive, I promise that it is only school stress. I love writing, and if I'm not at school or doing homework/revision, I am writing these books. (Literally, I have no life.)
Don't think that I am losing motivation because I am not. This book is seriously what is keeping me going right now! I promise that I will try to upload more chapters whenever possible.
Besides, we're almost to the end of the book anyway! 😁
Now, sorry for my pathetic rambling... on with the story!

---

Miracle sat below her favorite tree in the courtyard of the Salvatore School, letting the shadows from the branches above engulf her, and let the wind embrace her, causing a shiver to slide up Miracle's back.

Her face remained expressionless. Deep in thought, she chewed anxiously on her bottom lip, her mind elsewhere and in a totally different world of her own.

Holding her phone up, Miracle let her finger hover over a specific contact name. Hope's...

Hitting 'home', Miracle raised her phone to her ear, but if went straight to voicemail. No surprise there. She took a deep breath and decided to leave a voicemail to her missing sister.

"Hey, Hopey... um, I miss you. Wherever you are... I-I don't really know what to say. I... I don't know where you are, and that... terrifies me. But, um, I really hope you're safe. Dad is searching for you and mom, but he's sent me back to school. You have no idea how boring it is without you though. I hope you and mom are protecting eachother... I don't know what I'd do if either one of you are hurt. I wish you could give me some sort of sign, or I just knew where the hell you were. This is all my fault, and I'll carry my guilt and regret with me. Always and forever. But... I will find you. I swear... stay safe, and I promise I will see you soon. I love you, Hopey, and I'm missing you so much... lots of love. Um, bye..."

Ending the voicemail, Miracle let out a sigh, leaning her head against the tree behind her. And that was when the familiar voice of her very judgmental, rude, typical mean girl material best friend was heard, coming closer.

"Mira, what are you doing out here?"

"Nothing..." Miracle muttered, looking up at Lizzie, who was tucking strands of her curly blonde hair behind her ear.

"Where have you been? Are you okay?" Lizzie questioned.

"That's kind of a stupid question, don't you think, Liz?" Miracle snapped, looking away from the blonde and focusing her brown eyes straight ahead.

"Right, sorry." Lizzie looked down, flushing in embarrassment. "But... I had an idea that could possibly take your mind off of what's happening. Umm, what if we host Miss Mystic Falls here this year?"

"What?" Miracle's eyes returned to Lizzie's direction curiously.

"I think it'd be a start of going back to normal." Lizzie smiled with a hint of sympathy hidden in her words.