15 - They All Asked For You

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 15
Word Count: 1368

(A/N: I can't remember if I have added Freya, the Mikaelson long lost sister, into this book yet. If not, yes, she's alive!! And now the Mikaelsons know that she is alive and Freya is working with Finn.)

Klaus was discussing pack business with Avery and Jackson in the upstairs lounge.

"It's time to use our werewolf army." Klaus began. "Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location."

"No, we need all hands on deck here with Hope and Miracle." Jackson spoke. "I think you can compel humans to track your enemies."

"Do my ears deceive me? Or did you just give me an order? In my own home?" Klaus questioned, frustrated.

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus! It's about what's best for those little girls!" Jackson exclaimed.

"How dare you question my intentions for my daughters!" Klaus yelled furiously.

"Jack, Klaus is right." Avery muttered reluctantly. "Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that either he's powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we... send our best people out there."

Jackson sighed in frustration.

"I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them post haste." Klaus said. Jackson stood to his feet and stared Klaus in the eye.

"Just to be clear, I'm giving this order because Avery is asking. Don't think for one second that I take orders from you."

---

Jackson walked into Avery's bedroom, where she had just put Hope and Miracle down to sleep, and knocked gently on the door frame. He was holding a plate in his hand.

"Shhh. I just got them both down." Avery whispered. "I'm grateful that they both like to have to same sleep schedules..."

Jackson held out a plate to hand it to her.

"Thought you might be hungry."

"Grilled cheese, huh? Hell of a chef!" Avery smiled.

"Well, I don't like to brag." Jackson laughed.
Avery smiled at him. "You know, I can help you with Hope and Miracle, right? If you want to take a break sometime, I'm good with kids."

"I missed six months of their lives. I don't mind." Avery smiled. "Thanks." Jackson smiled and turned to leave, but Avery called out to him to stop him. "Hey, Jack. You've been a million miles away lately."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just trying to get the wolves back into the Quarter." Jackson said.

"Okay, I know what 'busy' is, and I know what 'trying to keep busy' is." Avery scoffed. "I've barely seen you." Jackson looked guilty.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't want you to feel... obligated to me. This marriage..."

Avery cleared her throat awkwardly.

"Are you talking about sex?"

Jackson, also feeling awkward, looked down at the floor.

"The Unification ritual worked. But, we still have to live as husband and wife."

"This isn't something that we have to be shy about." Avery shrugged. "We're both adults. Let's just... put on some Marvin Gaye, and light some candles." Jackson started to laugh. "And we'll just..."

Their discussion was interrupted by Hope, who started crying loudly, which then woke up Miracle, who also began to cry. Avery sighed tiredly, rubbing her head. Taking care of twins was taking its toll on her. She turned back to Jackson awkwardly.

Marshall Twins [2 - Twins Series]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें