5 - Sinners and Saints

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 5
Word Count: 5465

A/N: Sorry if there are some mistakes, this is probably the only episode I haven't edited... I think. I can't remember if I edited this chapter or not, so please forgive me if I didn't!
-L xx

Klaus paced impatiently in the restaurant/bar, waiting for Sophie to arrive. So when Sophie walked in and didn't notice Klaus, he grabbed her and sped away back to his place, dumping her on the sofa.

"We had a deal! You protect my unborn children, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Avery to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." Klaus explained.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear! Avery and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die." Sophie stated.

"Then who were they?" Rebekah asked, making her presence known.

"They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the unborn twins." Sophie said.

"What kind of vision?" Klaus wondered.

"She has them all the time." Sophie replied. "They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong about this one."

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus questioned.

"Pretty much that your babies would bring death to all witches." Sophie responded.

"Ah, well, I grow fonder of these children by the second." Klaus smirked.

"Sophie, look. I promised Elijah that I would protect the miracle twins whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah said.

"Elijah is talking to Davina?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah, as we speak, I imagine." Rebekah answered.

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd." Sophie mumbled.

"Do tell." Klaus spoke.

"I wasn't always an advocate for the witches." Sophie stated. "My sister was devoted like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty one, I left the quarter to travel... and play, but I wanted to be a chef. So I came back to Rousseau's."

Flashback

8 years ago

As music blasted around the place, many people danced around, drunk. Sophie was one of the people dancing around and cheering. She turned and saw her sister, Jane-Anne, stood not too far away. Sophie grinned and ran up to her sister.

"Jane-Anne, hey!" Sophie pulled Jane-Anne into a hug.

"Welcome home, Soph." Jane-Anne said, smiling at Sophie. "Can we go someplace to talk?"

"Just tell me." Sophie replied, still grinning.

"The elders called a vote. We're moving forward with the harvest." Jane-Anne stated. Sophie's grin dropped and she sobered up.

"What?"

End of flashback

"What the bloody hell is the harvest?" Rebekah asked.

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing." Sophie explained.

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus asked.

"Because the harvest always seemed like a myth, a story passed down through generations like Noah's ark or the Buddha walking on water, the kind some people take literally and some people don't."