14 - I Love You, Goodbye

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 14
Word Count: 3130

Avery was in her bedroom, quickly packing up a bag of clothes, when Klaus entered the room.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Avery didn't even look at him, she just continued packing her bag.

"Elijah said they're on the road. So, I'm going to go to them and get my daughters. I've already spoken to Hayley, we've agreed that she'll stay here."

"Avery--"

"Do not tell me that it's not safe!" Avery exclaimed. "I'll tell you what's not safe — blowing up a house just to keep your evil brother from finding them!"

"We will deal with Finn." Klaus sighed.

"And then what?" Avery raised her voice. "Every time you kill him, he's just going to jump into another body."

"We tried running. We tried hiding. Neither will work." Klaus said.

"So, what's your bright idea?" Avery asked.

"As it happens, I am working on a plan as we speak! One which will be bolstered greatly if you just calm down and keep your eye on the prize!" Klaus yelled.

"Do not manage me, I have every right to--"

"Avery, you are getting married today!" Klaus interrupted. "An act which will seal the loyalty of all the wolves that answer to Finn! You will be queen to an army." He took the bag out of her hands and set it on the bed. "And a queen does not run."

---

Avery was in her bedroom, looking through a wardrobe of old dresses, hats, and jewelry, with the help of Hayley, when Rebekah appeared in the doorway, hiding something in her hand from view.

"Alright, bad news first — I will have to miss your nuptials. Kol has a bit of a life-and-death matter he needs help dealing with."

"Anything we can do, Rebekah?" Hayley wondered.

"It's witch business. Which now seems to be my thing." Rebekah muttered. "Anyway... Avery, I brought you a little something." She pulled out a wedding dress that she was hiding behind the door frame, and Avery's eyes widened in surprise.

"It's white, which won't fool anyone, but you can't get married in skinny jeans and combat boots

"It's white, which won't fool anyone, but you can't get married in skinny jeans and combat boots." Rebekah handed Avery the dress, and Avery hummed in gratitude.

"Oh, Rebekah... thank you!"

"You're lucky, Ave, that's one gorgeous dress!" Hayley grinned. Avery stood in front of her full-length mirror and held the dress against her body to see how it looked.

"Yeah, it really is, isn't it?"

"Well, I happen to be the only woman alive who's commissioned wedding dresses in five different centuries. Never made it down the aisle, of course." Rebekah joked.