2 - No Quarter

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 2
Word Count: 2233

A bunch of corpses lay on the ground. Elijah sat on the ground, too, and had a corpse of a prison guard on his lap.

"Good lord, that one has some lungs on him." Rebekah commented as they all listened to the loud screaming of a man that Kol was feeding on in the woods. "He should've been an opera singer. Might've ended better for him, actually."

"Is this absolutely necessary?" Freya sighed.

"That depends. Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?" Rebekah shrugged.

"Well, death rattles are distracting, and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell." Freya said.

"Kol, would you please?!" Elijah yelled into the ones as the screaming of Kol's victim started to frustrate him. But suddenly, the screaming stopped. "Thank you." Elijah turned to Freya. "You were saying?"

"I can sense Klaus is still in New Orleans. Most likely somewhere underground. I can't get a read on exactly where, unless I'm in the city itself." Freya informed. Kol came back from his feeding and joined them.

"Yeah. That's gonna be a problem. The place is crawling with vampires, all of whom hate all of us. Whatever we do, we need to do it fast." Hayley spoke up.

"Well, I wasn't planning on a pub crawl." Freya replied sarcastically. "I don't want to stay any longer than we have to. But we need to go."

"Whoa. Wait, wait, we're not doing this today?" Kol wondered.

"Hasn't Nik suffered enough?" Rebekah snapped.

"Yes. And I've died. Twice! I'm not about to give Marcel a shot at a third." Kol shot back. "Now, I say, we draw that Muppet out of town. And when he's gone--"

"I have been away from my daughters long enough." Avery cut in. "If you're afraid--"

"It's called being sensible." Kol interrupted Avery. "Until Freya can make enough cure with her werewolf hostage, Marcel can basically chew through our bloody throats."

"Enough. We're all in danger." Elijah stood up. "We free Niklaus today. Even if I have to burn that city to the ground."

---

Hayley, Avery, Freya, and Kol entered the old dusty bell tower of St Louis Cathedral.

"All clear, Freya." Avery announced in a hushed tone.

"This is where you absolutely had to do a locator spell?" Kol scoffed.

"Ah, well, when I first moved to New Orleans, I primed this space. Marked it with my magic, made it mine." Freya told.

"This dusty bell tower may be your own, but this is Marcel's city, and we're nothing but targets." Kol pointed out.

"All the more reason to let her get to work." Hayley spoke.

"The sooner we find Klaus, the sooner we get out of here." Avery added.

"It won't take long." Freya then groaned quietly in pain as she cut her finger to use her blood for the locator spell.

---

After wandering into the empty Rousseau's and finding Josh there, alone, the Mikaelsons had made him an ally in the Klaus rescue, which Josh seemed somehow happy to participate in.

After making sure that everyone was aware that Rousseau's was closed, Josh turned to the Mikaelsons once again.

"Place is yours. What now?"