22 - The Bloody Crown

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 22
Word Count: 4576

Elijah and Avery were laying in bed together. Elijah caressed Avery gently, which caused her to slowly awaken.

"Were you watching me sleep?" She mumbled tiredly.

"Possibly, a little." Elijah smiled.

"Despite everything that we've done... all those we have lost... we're still here. You're not alone." Avery stated. Elijah's smile widened as he stared down at the beauty before him.

He'd done it. He'd finally got the girl.

Elijah pressed his lips to Avery's, savouring the kiss for as long as he could.

---

Freya was working on spells. Kol approached her.

"Something isn't right..." Freya spoke.

"Well, you said you put the Prophecy to rest, so what's the worry?" Kol asked.

"I didn't sleep last night. I just had this feeling of dread. I don't know if it' s my own guilt or maybe, it's my intuition telling me something's coming." Freya stated.

"And what's this? Your early warning system?" Kol questioned.

"This map is spelled to trace Niklaus's enemies. Let's just hope I' m being paranoid." Freya sighed, then began to recite an incantation. The blood on the map dripped to NOLA from all directions over the world. "Calaste piso tal tras es tros. Calaste piso tal tras es tros..."

"I guess you're not being paranoid..." Kol muttered. "When there is, in fact, a hoard of killers out to get you."

---

Elijah walked down the stairs, Kol was gathering weapons. Klaus stepped into the hall.

"Freya's tracking your former sirelings now. So it won't be long, which works for me. I could use a good fight." Kol smirked.

"Well, we do have an advantage. No vampire may enter this stronghold so long as the deed remains in Freya's name." Elijah mentioned.

"So what? We hide in here while our enemies mass at the front gate?" Kol scoffed.

"Well, if they are so determined to die at our hands, let them come." Klaus said with a smirk.

---

Freya was reciting an incantation over the map, seeping a vile of blood.

She saw lots of blood and gasped, when she heard noises of a crowd nearby. Footsteps were approaching, and suddenly, a female vampire came up behind Freya and scratched her neck with a poisoned ring.

---

Klaus, Kol, and Elijah heard a struggle upstairs, causing them to run to the gate. But suddenly, stopping all three of them in their tracks, a vampire crowd showed up and closed in on the brothers.

Marcel entered the compound.

"Never thought it would come to this. But as always, the Mikaelsons made my choice for me."

"Marcel, how?" Klaus gasped, shocked.

"How are we in your home? I have friends who can nullify a deed, forclose on a property like that." Marcel snapped his fingers. "Or did you mean... how am I not a rotting corpse?"

"I thought my friend was dead, and yet here you are. So send these fools away, and let's talk. You and me." Klaus whispered.

"Is that relief I hear? Really? If I hadn't been one step ahead of you, I would be at the bottom of the river." Marcel snapped.