10 - Phantomesque

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 10
Word Count: 2665

At a nightclub, vampires were feeding.

Rebekah was all nicely dressed up. She strutted confidently over to pick a man (who was a vampire) to dance with. Rebekah made out with the male vampire until he fell down to the floor and desiccated to death, and more vampires started doing the same, especially a female vampire Kol was holding.

Most of the female patrons suddenly started screaming. They started leaving with other patrons while the rest of the vampires started to fall down and die.

"I haven't seen vampires die like this since... you were killed." Rebekah spoke to Kol.

"And my entire sireline died with me." Kol added, which made a terrifying thought strike through Rebekah, and her eyes widened with an overwhelming amount of worry.

"Elijah!"

---

Freya was setting up for a spell. Avery and Hayley were watching them when Klaus entered the room.

"Rebekah and Kol just landed. I assured them we're mere moments from returning our brother to life. Don't make me a liar."

"I can't resurrect Elijah until I'm certain his mind is whole." Freya said.

"Well, you saved Finn with that very trinket. What's the problem?" Klaus asked.

"When that pendant was shattered, Elijah's mind shattered with it. He's most likely retreated to the innermost core of his consciousness." Freya stated.

"How do we find that?" Avery wondered.

"I don't know." Freya responded. "It could be anywhere in over a thousand years of memories, but if I try fixing the pendant before finding him and healing his mind, he'll be permanently fractured, like casting a broken bone before it's been properly set."

"Spare me the medical analogies and fix him." Klaus rolled his eyes.

"I need to go inside and find him. Once I'm sure his mind is stable, then I can fix the pendant." Freya informed.

"Well, then stop talking and get in there!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Klaus? Take a walk, get some air." Avery advised. "Let her work. Please."

"Please tell me that you can do this." Hayley muttered to Freya, who looked up at her and slowly nodded.

"He's my brother. I'm not gonna stop until he's safe."

---

Freya had set up a sigil surrounded by candles on the floor, setting up the spell on the table nearby. Avery and Hayley were sitting nearby.

"You actually think you can pull this off?" Hayley wondered.

"I don't know." Freya started walking toward the sigil. "I've never actually tried this before." Avery turned towards her.

"Freya... there are thousand years of memories in there. How will you know which is the right one?"

"He'll recognize me. If I can find the core of his being or whatever memory he's clinging to, I'll pull him out." Freya replied. She walked into the sigil, laying down, chanting. "Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz."

The candles around the sigil lit magically. The broken pendant on the table began to glow blue. Freya went into the pendant, leaving Avery and Hayley waiting, worried.

---

Freya suddenly gasped awake, sitting up and breathing heavily. All of the candles extinguished around her. Avery instantly walked closer, kneeling next to Freya worried.