Chapter-45

Three Years later,

Her fingers aching from the non-stop typing for her resume. Many things has changed. Her petite figure had become more lean and her skin became pale, dark circles under her eyes carried baggage of the past yet the spell of her beauty still unfaded.

He left her in the middle of the ocean, just because one harsh wave threatened them to go back to shore. There are more things yet to be discovered altogether, but one incident and just like that he left her.

She didn't hate him; she disgust him.

When yesterday she received an email regarding a job offer, she decided to lead her life in something productive. Three years of her life had been wasted already.

She waited for him and didn't move on because she thought he would not be able to survive without her. But again he proved her wrong. In the end, she was the one who couldn't live without him.

Now she decided to move on. One thing she knew, he is nearer to her but faraway by heart. Still, in the head news, Avyan Malhotra didn't fail to appear. She knew, he is watching her. She is still under his watch and that proved when male approached her after knowing they were separated. The very next day, he came to her with bruises and apologized to never disturb her again.

Every time, her eyes searched for his picture in the head news but never his image appeared after that incident.

She deserves a good breakdown to be honest. She stoned herself because she feared if she cried, reality would knock her. She didn't want to be aware of reality. Her heart still wrapped around his memories, accomodating to live with it instead of moving on.

Sighing, with one glance over the things which she typed, she took a printout of it and pinned it to the file. She then took a bath and got ready since the interview is at sharp 9.00 Am. Her father was unhappy yet he didn't say anything. It was an independent decision of the couple.

White shirt and fit Jean was an indeed good combination. She let her hair free and applied lipgloss. After making sure she is in a professional look, she descended down the stairs. Deciding to make Aloo Paratha, she strode to the kitchen but gasped to see her father cooking in the kitchen.

" What are you doing?" She asked him, trying to take a peek at his cooking.

Kabir frowned before saying, " Umm..I thought of making Aloo Paratha. Doesn't it look like that?"

Shreya chuckled before walking to him and said, " Smells Amazing but my question is why are you doing? I would have come, right?"

Kabir shook his head and said, " You are dressed up and I don't want to spoil it"

Shreya rewarded him a kiss on his cheek while he grinned. After eating, he advised her on certain things and she listened to him keenly.

" Alright, it's time up!" Shreya declared and pushed herself up.

" Take care, Call me once you finish your interview!"

" Alright," She agreed.

After the taxi which she has booked came to pick her up, she slides in. It was one hour away from where she is living and she already started making calculations on how much money she would be wasting for the taxi itself. As she reached, she pushed the topic aside for sometime and paid the money to the driver before getting down from the car.

After admiring the magnificent building, She walked inside. As she went inside, she saw the receptionist. Walking to her, she smiled and asked, " I received an email regarding job offer"

The receptionist politely smiled at her and asked, " Your name?"

" Shreya Ma-

She mentally cursed herself before saying, " Shreya Kapoor"

The receptionist nodded her head before saying, " Sir is waiting for you!"

Shreya frowned before asking, " Waiting for me?"

The receptionist nodded and said, " Sixth floor"

" But-

" Mam, Sir will take it out on me if you get delayed there" The receptionist cut her off.

Shreya sighed before sliding in and pressed the button on the fifth floor on the control panel. Her hands started shaking as nervousness started dominating her soul. The lift let out a ting sound and Shreya walked out .

She looked around and saw the cabin in which she has to attend an interview. Her eyes froze as she looked at the nameplate.

Avyan Malhotra.

Her heart raced as the name itself put her in happy yet sad emotion. She quickly pulled down her phone from her jean pocket and looked at the company name to ensure.

Her hand started shaking as her eyes never left the nameplate. She didn't know who it was, she hoped it was not him and at the same time she hoped it was him.

How in the fucking hell Avyan is here?

Her anxiety wasn't at all helping and her traitor heart was still begging to see him. She stepped back, inch by inch without tearing her gaze from the nameplate and gasped when her back hit the heavy figure. Her chest heaved up and down as a familiar scent taming her already haywire heart. His hand on her waist, steadying her still. His touch was like a single drop of water to her shriveled heart

" How are you, Mrs. Malhotra?"

And just like that she fainted in his arms.

Happy now?

Vote

Comment