Chapter-6

Avyan looked at the sky which was tinted with dull grey, indicating the rain is upto come

Avyan looked at the sky which was tinted with dull grey, indicating the rain is upto come. He has always loved rain strangely. It helps him to wash away the things which muddied his life. 

A strange peace, that would put him in calmness. Not that he has a bad past, but an exquisite peace which assures with gentle whispers. 

Two things that could calm him are Rain and Shreya. 

If he closes his eyes, she snatches his liberty of imagination with her alluring innocent face and If he opens his eyes, she snatches his reality with her thoughts.

And he loved the way she tamed him without even a proper gaze. 

It was the promise that fate had made with his heart, and his heart is hell bent on protecting it with all of his life.

His finger threaded into his wet hair, before his gaze lingered on his father who was standing in distance with a longing look. A scoff left pass his lips, as his father marched to him. 

“Your mom would have chided you, if she was alive” His father said while a sigh left his lips.

“And you made sure that her presence stays in the past,” Avyan said  harrowingly. 

“Some things look good in admiring in distance rather than having a hostile argument and I have admired you in distance, I would love to continue the same because I don’t want to see mistrust in your beautiful eyes at my words” His father spoke before trying to give him a smile but failed miserably. 

“Is this how you seduced My mum into your web of lies?” Avyan spoke satirically. 

His words were cruel and he was sadistically happy. 

“I wish you were dead, Instead of my mum” Avyan spat out furiously before striding out of the balcony. 

His father gulped the lump before his hand went into the shirt, and traced his expired wife's name which was firmly hitched for eternity. 

“I wish you were alive for our son” He spoke as the tears rolled down his cheeks.

──────────

“Aren’t you feeling ashamed?” kabir spoke with furious.

Anaya looked down frighteningly as her father scares her.

" Is this hotel for you?" Kabir questioned her.

Shreya winced at his choice of words.

" Papa, I'm sorry but I love him" Anaya said tear striken face.

" Love?" Kabir mocked at her and continued, "Your mum knows it?"

Anaya gulped before nodding her head.

Kabir lowered himself to match her level and she stepped back in fear.

" If it wasn't my mom wish to give your mom life, now you would be without shelter to do all this. No wonder your real father left you and your mom in road" Kabir spat out angrily.

" This is not how you talk with our daughter" shreya step mother spoke.

Kabir turned his head back and said, " Talking about partiality, Are we?"

Shreya lowered her gaze as her soul was enveloped with hateful gaze of Anaya and her step mother.

" Though shreya have every rights to throw you both out, yet she didn't. Don't you both should be grateful dogs to her?" Kabir snarled at them.

"Your words would be hurting Anaya, don't you think?" Shreya step mother spoke with venomous.

Kabir chuckled Mirthlessly and asked her instead, " She was tainting this holy place by sleeping with someone"

" Holy place?, I remember your wife changed it" Shreya step mother mocked at him.

Kabir face dropped, anger seeped through his soul before he strode towards her who stepped back in fear. His long palm wrapped around her throat, Shreya looked at him bewilderedly before she ambled towards them.

" Papa, Leave"

Kabir gulped the lump, before leaving his hold on Shreya step mother and stepped back.

"Get out, You two" Kabir spoke sternly and shreya was about to decline but his one glare, she swallowed the words.

" Out, Now!" Kabir voice roared when they didn't move, he dragged them forcefully down the stairs before pushing them out, discarding their shouting

" Never allow them, understood?" Kabir spoke sternly and shreya quickly nodded her head.

──────────────────────────────

Shreya kept tossing in her bed as Anaya mom kept replaying in her head.

"I thought your wife changed it"

What does that mean?

She gathered some courage before striding to her father was shocked to see him taking alcohol.

" You said you won't drink again" Shreya whispered in the hushed atmosphere.

Kabir lifted his gaze before burping and said, " I'm sorry"

Shreya walked to him and said, " If you want them back, I will call them but don't take this"

" No, don't call them" Kabir said disapprovingly before added, "Why aren't you studying?"

Shreya Sighed and said,

" I couldn't concentrate"

Kabir frowned before saying,

" You should, don't let her words into you"

Shreya discarded his words and asked him instead,

" What does she meant by my mom changed it?"

Kabir Clenched his jaw before he shook his head and stood up. The gentle air passed through her curls and her gaze was stationary on his father who was standing Infront of the window.

" Love is just the hollow facade of pleasure and your mum was the perfect example"

Shreya looked at him with shock as he for the first time replied for her question regarding about her mom.

" Go and study" Kabir instructed without any emotions.

" But- Kabir cut off her and said,

" Go!"