Chapter-22

Pink lehenga enclasped her petite figure, Heavy jewels adorning her sensitive skin, like a pull to the magnet, her beauty would be the topic of the day, no wonder

Pink lehenga enclasped her petite figure, Heavy jewels adorning her sensitive skin, like a pull to the magnet, her beauty would be the topic of the day, no wonder. For every girl, Marriage is the phase where they will be center of the attention, they would be pampered like no other days, but to Shreya she just want to wane from the reality, melt into the imagination where she was ruling her life as she wished to be.

It was the myth that her heart lives in, intense wish to make it in reality but she knew, she was never the God's favorite child if her grand mother words were true that god always test favorite people patience in worst days, but at the end he would ship the person safely in shore, and Shreya always had patience but she have always been drowning in unlucky days and thus concluded her birth was a curse.

Palming her mouth, she let out a choke of sobs, hoping it would lift the heaviness from her heart but instead the blurriness in her eyes increased as she hopelessly tried to diminish the heaviness in her heart. When the door clicking sound was heard, she unlatched herself from the arms of grief before wiping her tears.

"You are so pretty" Kabir praised her with emotional tears sticking into his eyes.

Shreya forced a smile before adjusting the covering jewels and looked at Kabir who was standing there with clenched jaws, his gaze downcast to the floor as if he was having inner battle with himself. Frowning, she bunched the skirt up a little, before taking a worried stride to him.

"What happened?" She questioned before lifting up his chin and gasped when she saw tears brimming in his eyes.

"Precious girl like you, Shouldn't have born to me, should have lived in castle and treated like princess . Look at you, full of covering jewels and that too was owned by someone which you have to return after the function is over!" Kabir said in melancholy.

Shreya shook her head before lifting the crestfallen face and made him look at her.

"I'm already living in the castle, where the area is made large for me, where I feel protected, where I feel cherished, that is your heart Papa. Your heart is my castle and I knew I'm living in it, I know I'm safe there and I know I'm the princess who is ruling there, it would never replace the stones and cement!"

More tears rolled down his cheeks, hearing her words. After all he lived for her, and she lived for him. Shreya smiled through blurred vision before wiping it with a naughty smile and leaned down her head, Kabir let out a throaty laugh before kissing her forehead as she used to do in childhood whenever he was angry, sad. She is the gem, which he found in one of the mistakes of his life. He though hates his wife, yet she was the reason behind the precious gem that has been standing in his life as a pillar.

"You know what, Stop making me emotional unless you want to put those make up on your face. Only girls knew how hard it is to see getting the hours and hours of make up wasted!" Shreya said with twisted pouty lips and kept her hands on the hip.