Chapter-44

" Let me go?" Shreya spat as hurt crossed through her eyes, she accused, " Did you think me as some dog to follow your order just to fucking please you?"

Avyan shook his head as he felt bile in his throat and he was clueless , he failed to frame a perfect sentence to decipher his feelings to her.

"No--"

" Shut up" Shreya snapped irritated.

He approached her and she stepped back. He looked hurt and slumped his shoulder defeatedly.

"You always overlook your problems because you think I'm not suffering. My heart broke, I could feel all his hands on me, but still I pretend I'm okay because I don't want you to blame yourself. You didn't think to comfort me, instead you think me as disgust but pretend like you are doing everything for me" Shreya growled, her anger doubling each second passes.

" I'm not disgusted by you!" Avyan growled, his anger rose hearing her sentence.

Shreya chuckled and shook her head before saying, "A real man would never think to leave a girl not in this stage and not when you confessed to love me. You are letting me go? Who do you think you are? I'm leaving you, afterall i prefer man over coward like you!"

He clenched his jaws as guilt seeped through him. He thought everything happened was all his mistake, and he believe, he deserve punishment. Nothing would hurt him than seeing Shreya in broken state. His mind wouldn't shrug off the image he saw few hours back.

" Please go"

He gulped and she said, " Please"

"Shreya, Listen" Avyan pleaded, stepping forward to her and clucthed her hands in his. She tried to wiggle out but the dominant man didn't loosen his grip, earning defeated sigh from her.

" It was all my mistake, I should have warned you before. Two days back, Advik told me that Aarav blackmail him with video of his naked sister. She was drugged, and taking advantage, Aarav took a video of her naked state, letting his friends grope her. Advik was heartbroken, and if he told her sister, she would blame it all on him and he said he didn't have courage to do it. So, I informed my one friend who was working in cyber security and with the help of police as well, we removed the video. Advik thanked me and said, Aarav is upto something. I didn't want you to worry, so I kept this matter in dark. If only I had told you all this, you would have been extra careful" Avyan said, tears brimming in his eyes and he continued, " My brain would not shrugg off the image which I saw few hours back.

Shreya heart wrenches painfully and she nodded at him to continue, " Few months back, I let rathore man rape your step sister"

Her world fall apart, she couldn't process the words he spat. Was he that heartless to do that?

" Why?" Shreya whispered.

" You were about to experience that, I wanted to gave the taste of her own medicine. Now I realise, no woman deserved to be raped and I felt you have payed today for that mistake. I don't deserve you,"

Shreya was clueless. Her head spinning and her feelings had just started blooming and the shirinking feeling crumbling her heart into million pieces.

" Go away" Shreya whispered nonchalantly.

Avyan wiped his tears harshly and said, " After all I deserve this pain"

                              🥀

One week after,

Kabir frowned at her daughter, who was making tea for him. His wounds were healing, but his heart was restless. He knew, she is suffering and he decided finally to have a talk.

" Shreya, I want to talk to you"

Shreya hesitated but nonetheless she slumped herself on sofa and waited for him to talk.

" Where is Avyan?"

His question made her heart race. She didn't want to talk about him.

" I don't want to talk about him" Shreya said, and was about to get up but kabir pulled her down, and she sat back to previous position with a sigh.

"Tell me" Kabir demanded.

" Do you know that he made Rathore men to rape Anaya?" Shreya questioned.

Kabir frowned before saying, " Bullshit, I'm father of one daughter, how would I let that happen to another girl?"

Shreya sighed and said, " That's what he did. He confessed that week ago. I didn't have heart to forgive him as a woman and plus he didn't want me anymore in his life because he decided to" Shreya scoffed and said, " He decided to sacrifice me because he thinks everything happened was his mistake"

Before Kabir could process the things, the door bell rang and Shreya stopped her father who was about to get up. Her heart froze as she saw Rajesh standing at door step. His palm was sweaty, his eyes were blood shot and Shreya felt herself getting concerned at the sight.

" What happened?"

" Avyan--Avyan. we admitted in hospital but he ran away from there" Rajesh stammered.

" What happened?" Shreya rushed out and Kabir was out to check who it was.

" Avyan tried to kill himself"

Shreya eyes brimmed with fresh tears and she wiped the tears harshly before saying,

" What happened?"

Rajesh swallowed hard and gave letter to her while Shreya frowned.

" I'm coward shreya. I don't have courage to face pain like you said. I know you wouldn't be able to forgive me and damn even I can't. I'm coward that I can't live without you and I'm going far away. I love you. You don't deserve a heartless man like me. I don't think you would forgive rapists like me. I'm sorry"

Shreya crumbled the piece of paper, her crest fallen face lifted up and she looked at Rajesh before saying,

" Where is he now?"

" He is gone, far away from us"