Chapter 42 ~ I wish I could forget

Start from the beginning

I pulled into Jay's driveway and grabbed my bag. I wiped my puffy red eyes and got out of the car. My sneakers against the pavement was the only sound I heard beside birds.

I knocked on the door and Fizzy opened it. Fizzy looked up at me and gave me a pityful look. She embraced me in a hug and I hugged back.

"Lilo? Oh I wasn't expecting you to be here. Oh honey what's wrong?" Jay asked frantically when she saw my puffy red eyes.

"Niall and I got in a fight last night." I said. She gasped when she saw my cheek.

"Niall did this?" Fear filled her eyes as if she couldn't believe Niall could have done that.

"No, it was someone else." I answered.

"Come in. Sit down I'll get you somethubg to drink." Jay said. I let go of Fizzy and walked into the living room. I sat down and wiped my eyes. I smiled when Fizzy sat down next and tried to comfort me.

"So what all happened?" Jay asked as she came in with a glass of water. She handed it to me before she sat down.

"Last night, after the concert, Niall and I went to a club. We had a lot to drink and were pretty drunk. I had gone to the bathroom and when I came back I found Niall eating some brunette's face off." I explained.

"What did he do?" Jay asked.

"He pleaded for me to stay but I told him I had to think about it." I answered. Jay nodded. I circled the rim of the cup with a index finger.

"Harry had told me that I should forgive him this time. And if it happens again, then the first time wasn't an accident." I say. My eyes flickered over to Jay.

"He's right. But, it is your choice whether to forgive him." Jay said.

"Can I say something?" Fizzy asked.

"Of course." I said, turning to look at her.

"You said Niall was drunk. Well he does do stupid things when drunk and mistakes others for someone else. I have a video of him taking to the wall outside thinking it was Liam." Fizzy explained. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"One more thing, I know I don't have any idea how it is to deal with something like that, but I know Niall. And I think you should give him another chance before leaving him." Fizzy added.

"For someone your age you are very wise aren't you?" I asked. She smiled and was about to say something but a knock at the door stopped her. Jay got up and opened it a jar to see who had knocked.

"Hi Jay is Lilo here? I really need to talk to her." Niall's voice came from behind the door. I jumped up and ran near the kitchen entry. Jay glanced back to look at me.

"She is but I'm not sure she wants to talk." Jay answered. I heard Niall sigh heavily and knew he was running a hand through his blonde hair.

"Can you at least hear me out?" He asked. Jay turned back to me and I nodded.

"Go ahead." She said.

"Lilo, I can't handle the thought of living without you. Nor would I be able to bare with that fact that I destroyed our relationship. If you don't want to accept my apology, I get why. But please remember that I will always love you." I could tell by the way his voice trembled that he was close to crying. So was I. I crept up slowly to the door, wanting to slap Niall and get this over with.

I know how weak I would seem if I just forgave him like that. But the kiss isn't as bad as him sleeping with her.

Fizzy watched as I got closer. I stopped when I heard him sniffle. Just one more day of his heartache.

Jay closed the door once Niall left. I sat down and cried on Fizzy's shoulder. She laid her hand on my head. I felt Jay sit next to me and she took me into her arms like a newborn child.

"He needs to feel my pain. I'll go back tonight." I say. Jay carassed my hair as I thought. "Am I right for going back so fast?" I asked. Jay nodded.

"Kissing is not as bad as sleeping." She smiled. I laughed. She was completely right.

It was ten at night and I was getting in my car to leave Jay's house. Fizzy was walking me out because Jay was talking to the rest of the girls that were staying at their Aunt's house for the weekend. Fizzy wasn't very fond of her so she stayed.

"We should bond one day. Maybe go watch a movie or hang out. " Fizzy suggested. I nodded.

"Yeah, sounds good. Maybe after we get back from tour." I say as I give her a hug and get into the car.

"Come back and visit, Mom- I mean Jay loves having you over. And the others are a bit jealous that I'm the only one who's met you." She laughed. I smiled and started the car.

"Okay, well I have to get back to Blondie." I say. Fizzy smiled sweetly.

"Good. And you're right for going back. Niall's a good guy. You deserve each other. But he does make-"

"Very stupid mistakes? Yeah, I know." I smiled and pulled out of the driveway, waving before I sped off down the street.

It only took about ten minutes to get to Niall's house. I took a deep breath before getting out. I slowly walked up to the door and unlocked it.

All the glass was cleaned off the floor. It was awfully quiet. I walked over to the kitchen and found that the back door was open and Niall was sitting facing away from me with a beer in one hand and all the pictures in the other. I quietly walked up behind and looked down at him.

"I'm so fucking sorry Lilo. I didn't mean it." Niall told the picture.

"I know." I spoke as I sat down next to him, taking the beer from his hand.

Niall engulfed me in a big hug. His hands coming from under my arms going up to my neck, pressing all of my hair against it. I wrapped my arms tightly around Niall and breathed in his fimilar scent.

"Leah, I'm sorry! I felt so bad for hurting you! I don't even know why I kissed her!" I pulled away and put a finger to his lips.

"I know. I forgive you." I said. I had Niall's face in my hands. I looked at his pink lips and laid mine on top of them. It was so slow and passionate.

I didn't want it to end. But sadly we need to breathe.

"I missed you." Niall stated as I laid my head against his shoulder, taking a long swig of beer before he took it out of my hands.

"I just had to let you feel the pain I felt. It was hard for me to stay away. I mean, after Harry talked with me for five hours after I left the club, I realized that it was just a little mistake." I said. Niall took a sip then passed the beer back to me.

"Well, I thank you for forgiving me." He said. I smiled and kissed his arm while looking down at the pictures in his lap.

On top of the pike was a strip of four pictures that you get from a photo booth. The first was of Niall and I making funny faces. The second was of us crossing our eyes and sticking our tongues out. Third was of us making a heart with our hands. The last was of us kissing. I picked it up and chuckled.

"My favorite one is this one." Niall said as he showed me the picture we had taken underwater in Hawaii while kissing. I smiled, it was also my favorite.

I pointed out the picture of Niall and I having a paint war. And he showed me a picture of me where I had a pigs nose.

Niall and I sat in the yard laughing at pictures of us. All I kept thinking was how grateful I was for listening to Harry, Jay, and Fizzy.