90

*****Mya Amalia"Mom! Please stop shouting about this

*****
Mya Amalia
"Mom! Please stop shouting about this. It's out of my control. Ted decided to go ahead with this. I told him I will have nothing to do with it, I'm not risking mya and Bens life! Just get off my back!" I hear my mom raise her voice towards Grammy. I stand down the hall from the kitchen, my side pressed against the wall as I try and listen.

"I don't care Penelopy! This is outrageous and I'm not going to stand for this! You need to leave him." Grammy snaps back at mom. What does she mean? What does all this mean?

"I'm not leaving him! He's the love of my life, we have children together! Mom I hate this so much but, I can't look after two small Children and afford the lifestyle they live!"

What Grammy wants mom to leave dad? Why would she not want me to have my dad? Does she hate him?

"I will help penny. You know I'm always here for you. But I will not associate my daughter with that kind of life. It's dangerous, you can get killed for goodness sake!" 
I shuffle slightly down the hall to see what's going on. I don't want mom or dad to not be together they love each other very much and Grammy shouldn't do this.

"Mom! Mya is in the next room! You wouldn't be able to afford it yourself! Only teds job can pay for Myas and Bens school bills. Myas endless medical bills, our house, food. Millions of dollars in debt. Ted taking this role will help us so much. He will make millions in days or weeks. This is a massive thing. It could get you out of this dump too." I hear mom try and persuade grammy to understand. Dad getting a new job is good, right?

"Dump? Penny I love it here don't be stupid. It doesn't matter how much money he brings in, it's incredibly dang-" grammy tries to explain but I hear mom scoff.

"It's the risk we have to take. End of. If you don't want to be in our lives then don't. But I'm a grown ass woman and you cannot tell me what to do."

"Penny. That man is not good for you! What don't you understand? He's beat you and your children to pulps and yet here you are so gladly backing him up."

I freeze for a moment as moments flash through my head of dad hitting me until I passed out or Ben got him off me. I don't like it when dad is mean. It scares me.

"Don't you dare try and say that to me, when dad beat me and you up. And you stayed by his side until The day he fucking died!" Mom points her finger in Grammys face, her eyes drop and she fiddles with her ring.

"No.." grammy pauses "Your dad was a woman abuser. Yes. But he was never associated with this nonsense."

"No mom. He was, trust me. I found bags Apon bags of tackle in your room, then what can you say? Nothing because he was no better than ted." Mom tells Grammy off.

"Ok and? That doesn't mean that he was associated with the fucking mafia."

"No it just shows we are more alike than we thought, we always chose the ones that beat us the most."  Mom chuckles funny before going to turn around to face me.