Chapter 132

December 2020
**YOUR POV**
„Harry...Haz, I'm so sorry." I said, sniffling. I held onto his hand, the one that wasn't attached to a broken collarbone. „This is all my fault, and now you're...and I got off with nothing but a cut on my forehead and it's not fair and I'm so sorry." I let out a sob.

I continued on like this, crying and talking and crying some more, for a few hours, before I fell asleep in the chair next to him. I didn't sleep long, I woke up again with puffy eyes. I looked at his face, still covered in bruises and kissed his hand as I suddenly felt the urge to throw up. I ran outside to the nearest toilet and threw up, what was not much since I didn't eat anything for a long time now. I could only imagine, that this night stressed me out so much, I just had to let it out at some point. I cleaned my mouth and got back to Harry's room where the nurse came back in to check on him. She told me to get something to eat, but I didn't feel like eating at all. Instead, she disconnected my IV and I could move much faster without it.

The doctor came to get me after that and wanted to talk to me about my blood results. I listened carefully to what he said and when he confirmed, that everything was fine, I went back to Harry and resumed my position in the chair right next to him. I talked to him as if he was awake, imagining I heard his beautiful voice responding me and telling me everything would be fine.
I started telling our stories and memories from the past few years, letting some tears escape my eyes as I thought back at those beautiful moments.

I was used to just imagining I heard his voice with me in the room, but suddenly I heard something, that wasn't me and I gasped.

„He's choking! Nurse!" I yelled for help, frantically pushing the call button. „Help!"

Several nurses rushed in. One ushered me back and out of the room, telling me to give them space to work.

„What's...what's happening? What are they doing?" I tried to go back in, but the nurse held my shoulders.

„He is trying to breathe over the tube, Grace. That's a very good sign. It means he's breathing on his own." The nurse said, trying to keep me calm.

„Does- does that mean he's waking up?" I asked, not wanting to get my hopes up.

„Not for sure, but it's a very good sign."

After a few minutes, the nurses came out of Harry's room, looking excited.

„Grace, he is awake! He is very groggy and can't speak yet, but he is definitely awake. You can go in and sit with him again if you'd like. We gave him some more medicine for the pain, so you have about 20 minutes to talk before he starts going a little..." She made a swirling motion next to her head.

I didn't care if he was high on morphine, I just cared, that he was alive and awake and didn't...die...

Harry was lying in the bed, looking at me with great concern in his tired eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but no noise came out. I rushed over to take his hand.

„It's okay, they said you might not be able to talk for a little while yet. It's okay, I'm here, it's okay." I said, smoothing his hair.

He cleared his throat, coughing and gestured to the water cup on his side table.

„Oh, of course." I picked up the pitcher and poured him a glass, setting it in his good hand.

He raised the straw shakily to his lips as I watched carefully to make sure he didn't spill. I gently lifted the cup out of his hands when he held it up to me.

His small smile was enough to make me cry all over again as I remembered the scene in the car wreck when I thought he was dead.

„Oh Harry." I cried, holding my head in my hands. „It's all my fault. I'm so sorry this happened, I did this to you...you almost died!"