Chapter 100

**HARRYS POV**
I woke up again after, what I thought was a pretty long nap, to the most beautiful sight ever. My wife sitting next to me with my precious one month old daughter sleeping on her lap.

I rubbed my eyes to get better vision, trying to move in another position, but stopped as soon as I felt the pain in my whole leg

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I rubbed my eyes to get better vision, trying to move in another position, but stopped as soon as I felt the pain in my whole leg.

„Avery?" I croaked, looking at how Grace was smiling down at our baby.

„Hey sleepyhead." She looked up and smiled at me, making me immediately smile too.

„Come here my baby." I stretched my arms out for her.
Grace got up and laid her in my arms. It felt like I didn't hold her in ages, so I held her as close to me as I could.

„Gemma brought her, she just fell asleep." Grace told me, sitting down on my bed again, smiling at both of us as she placed her hand on my stomach. „Could you get some rest?"

„A little." I looked up at her. „The anesthesia really knocked me out, but now that this sunshine is here, I feel better already." I kissed Avery's tiny head.

„Try to rest while we're here, the nurse came in earlier to check on you and she told me you didn't have to stay the night. I can take you home when you feel ready to go."

„Great, I really wouldn't have liked it to stay." I breathed. „By the way, did you talk to the boys?"

„Yes, they were pretty shocked and got really worried, but they said they would come and visit you when you're home." She said. „And they said you don't have to worry about any shows, because they try to postpone them together with management."

„That sounds good." I rubbed Avery's back. Thank you."

„No problem, honey."

„And where's Gemma?" I looked around the room.

„I'm right here." The door opened and she came in, walking towards me. „Hello little brother." She kissed me on my cheek after hugging me.

„Hey Gem."

„You always scare the shit out of me when you do stuff like that" She said, jokingly but I knew she meant it. „How are you feeling?"

„Tired but alright so far." I told her. „Hey, uhm, thanks for watching Avery."

„Oh stop thanking me already, you know I love to spend time with her." She leaned over me to kiss Avery. „Listen, I will come by later when you're at home but I have to go now, okay?"

„Sure." She hugged me again, giving me another kiss on my cheek. „Bye Gem."

„Bye Harry. See you later." She said, placed another kiss on Avery's head and turned to Grace. „Bye Grace." She smiled at her and hugged her too.

„See you, Gem." Gemma waved to us one more time and left.

**YOUR POV**
„Harry, you need to change before we go home, you can't stay in that hospital gown." I told him, already unpacking a pair of his sweatpants and a shirt.

„Alright, but I need your help."

„Let's start with your shirt, that's the easiest part." I suggested and lifted Avery up from his chest to lay her down in her car seat before I started taking off his hospital gown. „Can you sit up a little?"

„Mhm." He let out and lifted himself up from the bed so he could sit.

I slipped the black t-shirt over his arms and his head and pulled it down.

„I got you a pair of loose sweats so it won't hurt so much to put them on." I told him and he nodded. „Let's first get your bad leg in them, so you can slide in your other leg afterwards.

„Okay."

I rolled up the pants leg and just slipped it over his leg and the brace. I folded it over right where the brace was and helped him to get his other leg in them. After that, I got a pair of socks out of his bag and slipped them onto his feet.

„Alright, all done." I breathed. „Do you want your rings back?" I asked him.

„Just the wedding ring and my necklace please."

I took the beautiful engraved wedding ring off my necklace and put it on his finger after I put his necklace around his neck.

„Just like you did at our wedding." He smiled when I slipped the ring onto his finger.

I grinned at him and placed a pair of his slippers on the floor for him to wear on our way home.
I took care of all the paperwork and after the doctor checked one last time on Harry, he got released. Nurse Barbara and I helped Harry out of bad, into a wheelchair and nurse Barbara started wheeling him through the hospital while I walked besides him with. Avery's car seat in my hand and her peacefully sleeping in it.

„I called Paul to get us home safely, because there is a crowd of paparazzi outside waiting for us. They are dying to know what's up right now." I told Harry as we got out of the elevator and saw Paul and some other security guards, that I recognized from the shows, waiting at the entrance.

„Harry, what are you always doing here, mate?" Paul asked jokingly as we approached him.

„The usual." Harry laughed.

„But seriously, how are you, Harry?" Paul asked him.

„I'm tired, but fine." He smiled.

„Good. Hello, Grace, how are you?" He turned to me, exchanging kisses.

„Worried about this guy, but otherwise good." I let out a laugh. „Thanks for coming, I think we couldn't go through that crowd all by ourselves without any problems and I don't wanna risk anything with Harry not being able to walk and a one month old baby in my arms."

„Hey, don't worry, that's what we're here for." He smiled down at Avery who was watching with wide eyes.
Before we stepped out of the hospital into the crowd, I thanked the nurse and Paul helped Harry up on his feet so he could walk the last bit to the car on crutches.

„Can we please hurry? The pain kills me." Harry groaned.

„We will, honey." I rubbed Harry's back and nodded to Paul and the security guards, ready to go. I quickly put a thin blanket over Avery's baby seat to protect her from the flashing cameras waiting outside before the security surrounded me and Harry and started walking outside towards the car.
I could see the pain in Harry's eyes and how exhausted he was after the sleepless night and the surgery today. He just wanted to go home in peace and rest and I could totally understand that.

Luckily the security guards held back the paps and I got Harry safely into the backseat of the car together with Avery.
Paul and the other guys got into a separate car and I thanked them for their help and got into the drivers seat of Harry's car.

„Are you alright, Haz?" I shifted in the car seat to turn around and face him before starting the engine.

„Kind of, yes." He breathed in pain, but still checked if Avery was strapped well in her baby seat.

I started driving past the crowd and out on the road. I breathed out of relief as we were finally heading towards our home.

„Your fans are really confused on what's going on." I told him after I heard how they asked lots of questions earlier at the hospital and genuinely looked concerned. „They are worrying about you."

„That's sweet." He chuckled. „I think I'll tweet later to let them know what happened, so they're not confused if we may have to postpone or even cancel a show." He replied.

„Yeah, do that."

A few minutes later, I pulled into our driveway and helped settling Harry on the couch as soon as we got into the house.