Chapter 34: Their 'love' story!

Start from the beginning

"Where are you lost?"

"Nowhere!"

"Okay, so aren't you going to introduce me to your wife?" Mia asked pointing her finger between her and Mahima while Eric cleared his throat and tightened his grip on Mahima's shoulder speaking possessively and protectively, "This is Mahima, my wife. And this is Mia, Oscar's daughter."

Of course she could sense a hint of nonchalance and disinterest in his tone. But making a mental note to ask him sometime later, she looked at Mia and smiled saying, "Hello, nice to meet you. Thank you for coming today."

"Awww! She is sweet. I will be really happy to know about you more. But I know you have so many guests to meet. So, I won't hold you guys long. We can all meet sometime and have fun. Once again, wishing you both all the good luck." Mia said handing a huge bouquet of flowers while Mahima took it with a smile and thanked her.

As Mia and Oscar left and got seated at their table, Eric thought if this girl moved on this well then he couldn't be happier. Because looking at the way she greeted them or talked to Mahima, nothing sounded suspicious. But knowing what a devil Mia is, he knew he had to keep an eye on this woman for sure.

And he knew that would be for the best!

* * *

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please!" Kirti spoke holding the microphone and looking at the guests while Eric wrapped his arm around Mahima's shoulder and whispered in her ear, "I can't wait for our wedding night baby!"

As a dash of red started spreading on her cheeks, Mahima lowered her gaze feeling shy while he hunched a little forward and dropped a soft kiss on the top of her head.

Well, the newlyweds and the guests were sitting in the reception area while Xavier, Charlotte, Kirti and Ankit were doing an event to double up the happiness of this day. Of course it was a surprise event to everyone; especially to Eric and Mahima.

"Okay, first of all I would like to congratulate my very beautiful sister and my extremely handsome brother-in-law on tying the knot. Congratulations and I wish you all the best." Kirti said while the couple thanked and smiled at her and the guests clapped with bright smiles playing on their faces.

"Now to double up our happiness we kids have planned a little surprise show. I am sure many of you are wondering how they both fell in love in the first place. So here we are to enact the scenes and take you all on a ride to witness how my sister and my brother-in-law met and fell in love."

As Kirti informed everyone clapped their hands and hooted in excitement to know Eric and Mahima's wonderful love story. Charlotte would be playing Mahima's role while Xavier would be playing Eric's role. Of course with Kirti and Ankit playing the supporting roles.

As the lights dimmed and spot light fell on the stage, the temple where Mahima used to pray was shown on the wide projector screen. Of course this little love story show was really a surprise to the couple and they loved it.

Charlotte who was playing Mahima's role was shown standing next to the temple. She was wearing a white saree, reminding the couple their sweet memories of their first meeting.

As the bell rang, Charlotte opened her eyes and joined her hands politely looking at Lord Shiva's image. With a soft smile playing on her face, she said, "Lord Shiva, thank you so much for showering your love and blessings on us always. Please give me strength to move forward and keep blessing us."

The ladies among the guests let out a few 'awws' and looked at the bride who herself had joined her hands seeing Lord Shiva's image. Everyone knew how much god, religion and cultures meant to this girl and to be honest, they were very happy that such a lovely girl is a part of their family.