Are You Blind?

Zacznij od początku

I blinked the shock away, smiling at the idiotic nature of the supposed vampire king. Cake rolled herself off of my back as I began to shimmy myself from underneath the bed. 

“Um, I don-” I began, only for Magic Woman to face me, a long sigh making its way past her lips. 

“You don’t understand? Is that what you were going to say?” she shook her head in a condescending manner before giving me a glare. “Good thing you’re the only human. I couldn’t handle the stupidity if there wer-”

“Shut up old hag!” I whisper-yelled, not wanting Gumball to come back in case he heard me. “Just tell me why Gumball didn’t see me!”

“Old hag?!” she scoffed, whispering a few indecencies under her breath before answering me again. “I put a simple invisibility spell on you and Cake. Nothing to get so worked up over, jeez.” 

I tilted my head down in thought. The three of us needed to get out of there as soon as possible and come up with an excuse as to why I’ve been missing this whole time. Also, the fact that Magic Woman can do so much has me more than a little worried. 

It’s not even been three days since Marshall and I returned home, yet, while I’ve been locked away it’s felt like months. There are too many things to think about, though most of my thoughts revolve around a certain Vampire. 

Well, a now aging Vampire. In that way he is sort of human, at least more so than he was before. 

Magic Woman also took up a large amount of my thoughts. She was stronger than she let on and her lying skills could fool anyone. What if all of this was just a trap? What if Gumball purposely fails to make the rocketship just so Marshall and I get hurt? But, wouldn’t Gumball get hurt as well? 

The exact terms of building the rocketship were foggy in my mind. 

“Yo Magic Woman. When you made the deal with Gumball to build the rocketship- what was the deal?” I asked, dusting off my shorts and shirt. 

“So immature.” she muttered, “makes a deal and can’t even remember it…”

“I-I remember it! I just need to ah- make sure I understand it!” I huffed, not wanting to give away any of my pride. She treats me like a little kid. She’s worse than Cake even!

“Well actually,” she hummed, the start of a smirk making its way onto her face, “the only person I ever made a deal with was Marshall. Back when all of this first started he said that he promised Gumball would take me home. I told him that if he broke that promise, something important would be taken from him.”

“Seems more like a threat than a deal to me!” I huffed, slightly relieved no one’s life was at risk. Or was it? Marshall’s life is important to him, right? She’s already taken away his aging and what good would killing him do? I don’t see how she would benefit in that.

“So what are you going to take away from him?” I murmured, low enough that I hoped not to re-attract the attention of Marshall. I knew that wasn’t a possibility but I didn’t want him worrying even more than he already was.

“Well that just depends.” she winked, giving me a bubbly laugh before opening the door to her bedroom. “He’s completely gone now. Hurry up back to your room before you’re caught in here you pesky human.”

I grunted at the lack of information but said nothing else. Cake moved herself so that she was first on my shoulder, then small enough to fit in my shirt pocket-which is exactly what she did. 

I turned my head to face Marshall, giving him the silent signal to ‘lead the way’. He did as I asked and floated in front of me, checking the hallways to make double-sure. When he was satisfied, we began our way back to ‘my room’.

Marshall had been unusually quiet compared to times before and I couldn’t help but feel a little awkward. “Think she might take Hambo if Gumball doesn’t make the ship?” I asked, feeling that that was what was bugging him.

He exhaled quickly out of his nose, never turning around to face me. “Fionna, you’re so clueless.” 

“Is that not why you’re so quiet? What’s wrong then? I can’t exactly read minds, Marsh.” I scoffed, burning a hole through the back of his head. 

“I-”

“You two can talk about this later.” Cake interrupted, shuffling herself around in my pocket. “We need to keep quiet now.” 

Marshall let out a sigh and I remained as confused as ever. 

I’m beginning to think I'm not as smart as I first thought. 

A/N

wow, this is being published late~ very sorry 

unedited as always

song is good, listen to the lyrics

i seriously love reading you guys' comments, some of your reactions to things really crack me up :,D

hope everyone had a fun easter/passover/whatever you celebrate. i did nothing but watch anime and read some manga in my pj's all day... lol so productive

i chose writing this over homework BECAUSE I LOVE YOU

haha who am i kidding i wasn't going to do my homework anyway

THANKS FOR READING hope you enjoyed

xoxo