Chapter 36: Invitation

Mulai dari awal

I quickly accepted the handshake and gave her a bright smile. "Good evening, ma'am. Thank you for having me here."

"Aunt Hee will do, dear," She stated. "My, what a pretty lady you are."

I blushed. "Thank you," I muttered softly.

"Right, Mom? I told you unnie's so pretty," Lisa exclaimed. "Wait, I'll call Taehyung."

"You didn't tell him about you going here, right?" Lisa asked me. I nodded. "Great! It'll be our surprise for him!" She giggled then rushed towards the stairs to call Taehyung upstairs in his room.

"Why don't we take a sit?" Aunt Hee spoke. "Then, we'll be starting the dinner after they'll came back."

 We proceed to the table and started to get comfortable. "Thank you for accepting my invitation, dear. I really appreciate it."

I shook my head right away. "I should be the one thanking you. This is great," I glanced at the feast in front of me. "Too much, even. I thought we're just having a simple dinner."

She giggled. "I guess, I was too excited that I cooked a lot-"

"Jisoo?" I turned around and saw Taehyung's surprised expression. "Uh, surprise?" I uttered.

"Surprise!" Lisa shouted. "Now, come on! Let's start eating, my dear brother. I know you're starving." Lisa started pushing Taehyung and lead him to sit besides me in the table.

He glanced back at me. "You never told me you're coming."

"Duh, do you tell that someone your surprising your surprise?" Lisa answered while taking a seat next to Jungkook on the opposite side of us.

"Now, now" Aunt Hee spoke. "I don't want anyone arguing in front of my table. Let's just eat." Taehyung and Lisa muttered their sorry's while Jungkook and I share a smile.

I stopped eating and glanced at Taehyung who just keep on stealing glances at me every now and then. "What is it?" I asked him.

"N-nothing," He immediately look away. 

"What is it, Tae?" I insisted. "Come on, tell me."

He swallowed hard and glanced back. "You look so pretty in that dress."

My heart started beating fast. I look away from his gaze. Feeling flustered, "T-thank you." I answered in a whisper.

We then heard someone giggled. "You guys looked so good together," Aunt Hee said, looking at both of us, her eyes full of adoration.

"Thanks, Au- I mean Mom," Taehyung muttered, scratching the back of his neck. 

"You're cute when you're flustered, Kim." Jungkook teased. 

"Shut it, Jeon." Taehyung yelped, embarased. We all laughed.

Lisa smiled brightly at him. "You're getting the hang of it, oppa." Taehyung grimaced. "I told you not to call me that Lis, calling me by my name's just fine."

Lisa giggled. "How about unnie call you that?"

I let out a chuckle. "Nope, I'm older. By months." I looked at Taehyung, smirking. 

"Still, just call her unnie. Try it." Lisa grinned.

"Uh, okay" I look at Taehyung. "Oppa?" I saw how Taehyung quickly turned red. He immediately turned away, coughing aggressively.

"Oh my, Taehyung, are you alright?" Aunt Hee looking so worried and acted to stand up but was stopped by Lisa. "He's fine, Mom." She laughed. "Probably not his heart though, I can hear it beating hard from here."

Jungkook laughed. "You're cuter when you-"

"Shut up!" Taehyung yelled. 

We all laughed. 

The night go on. The room was filled of laughter and smiles. Aunt Hee-young is such an angel. Like Lisa, she was quite goofy and radiant with positive vibes. I like her a lot.

"What's this commotion all about?"

We all glanced to where the voice came from, and right then and there, I felt my body stiffened. My breath hitched. 

Right  there in the flesh, Taehyung's father.

Kim Jung-Hoon.