Chapter o6: To The Rescue

"Is Jennie and Yoongi still not here, Joon?" I glanced at Namjoon who was up in the ladder tying the banner.

"Yeah, I haven't seen them yet, Ji. " He answered, looking at everywhere. "Why?"

"I asked Jennie to buy something. Yoongi volunteered to accompany her," I stated. "I agreed 'cause it would be too heavy for Jennie's part."

"We just need the artificial grass then the stage will be done." Chaeyoung said, beside me.

Namjoon suddenly chuckle. And point at my back. There was Jimin, slowly creeping out of the room. But I called him before he can even grab the doorknob.

"Ji, you see. Um, Yoongi was planning something for Jennie, actually he um," He was looking everywhere but me, scratching the back of his neck.

I rose my eyebrows. "What? What kind of plan?"

"Uh, he was planning to-" Jimin stopped when Jin suddenly put his arm over his shoulder.

"Ms. Pres! What's with the frown face?" Jin stated.

"You! Where is your best friend, huh? What is he planning to do with Jennie?!" I exclaimed, pointing my index finger at him.

He chuckled. "Chill, Ji. You know, here's the thing," He walked over to me and put his arms over my shoulders.

He glance at Jimin and winked. Jimin smirk and started walking towards the Chaeyoung who was just purely confused at what is happening.

"Did you know that Yoongi has feelings for Jen?" My eyes widen. I didn't know that. I felt happy for Jennie though. I know she has feelings for Yoongi. She told me last month but don't have to courage to confess.

"So, that's why they're running late. Yoongi is doing his move as of this moment." My lips twitched when Jin suddenly burst laughing. "I wish I could see his tame face right now."

I remove his arms over my shoulders and punch him playfully.

"And what do you expect us to do here?" Wait until they're done?" I look at my watch. "It's already 8 in the evening!" I stated, pushing my watch near his face.

"We're going to get reprimanded. The school closes at---" I yelped as I heard aloud thud. Jin and I look at our back and saw Taehyung glaring at us.

Why does every time I saw him, he's always mad? Is this boy on his period or something?

I felt Jin tightened his grip on my shoulder and how Taehyung look at it, frowning. Jin chuckle and let go. "Hey, dude. I'm Jin!" Jin stated, extending his arm to him.

Taehyung just looked at Jin, not minding the handshake offered to him. "Taehyung" He simply answered.

"What's this?" I look at him then to the big sack that he just throw besides our back. Is he crazy? What would happened if Jin and I got hit by that? It looks heavy as hell.

"The one you're looking for?" He said.

"Huh?" I blinked a couple of times.

Jin opened thr sack and leaned it sideways for me to see what's inside.

"Oh," I gasped, surprised.

How did he know? Why does he have it? A lot of questions run through my mind but I rather not talk with him alot.

I would rather avoid him at all cost, if possible.

"Uh, great." I quickly give him a glance and looked away right after.

How many times have I already looked away from him? And how many times do I see him always have those stinging stares at me? I lost count. 

"Thanks bro, I thought Jisoo's going to eat me alive at the moment if weren't for this." I glare at Jin. He just chuckle and immediately grabbed the sack and went directly to the stage.

An awkward silence came between me and Taehyung who just stood still. I can still feel his gaze at me.

Why isn't he walking away? I mentally groaned, ugh this is so awkward.

"Um, thanks" I muttered, having the confidence to look at him back now.

He just nodded and looked at the decorations. "You did great. Dad's gonna love it."

I glanced to where he's staring at. I sighed in contentment and smiled a little. It was better that I expected, actually.

I looked at him again only to notice that he was already walking out of the room.

"Uh- Thanks again, Taetae." I instantly covered my mouth.

He stopped.  I straightened my back and swallow a big lump in my throat. He turned around and face me again.

"What did you just call me?" He asked.

My heart skipped a beat. I was biting my tongue inside my mouth already. Damn, Jisoo! You and your blabbering mouth! 

"Uh, Tae? You know short for Taehyung, your name." I gave him a big smile. I was nervous as hell. I hope he didn't see it through me.

"No." He firmly said. "I hear you say it twice." 

"O-oh really?" I looked away. "My tongue must have swirl," I said, laughing.

He frowned and stared at me intently. I was still smiling at him, not breaking the gaze or he might see through my lie. 

"Whatever" He turned his back again.

Afterwards, he managed to get out of the room completely. I let out a big deep breath. That was so close!  When I finally felt relaxed, I proceed to go to the stage and help them set up the artificial grass on the ground.

"Jis, I heard a rumor."

I look at her and made a face. Park Chaeyoung with her gossips, again.

"Really, Chae?" I groaned.

"Oh, so you don't want to hear it? Okay." She teasingly rolled her eyes.

I sighed. "What is it this time?"

"See? You got the nerve to complain but here you are, asking it anyway?" She crossed her arms.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, spill!"

"Okay!" She took a deep breath. "You know, the same old, grumpy Mrs. Seung backstabbing us again." She groaned, "I really hate that old geezer."

I sighed deep. "I already told you not to mind his hate towards us. That teacher got some foul mouth and there's nothing we could do about it."

You know, that one teacher that everyone hates so much? That kind of teacher that gave you bad grades even if you're quizzes and exams aren't that bad. And also grumpy and mad all the time .

Yup, that's Mrs. Seung to us.

"But then, the other teachers were praising the club." She continued.

"Really?" My heart leaped from the thought. "How come?"

"They said, we picked the right theme," She stated. "A teacher found out and told them that Sir Kim's new found hobby was horseback riding."

My brows creased.

Did Taehyung just helped us?