Chapter 18: Arcade! (1)

We got inside the mall and went directly to the second floor and off we go to the Amusement Arcade!

Jin and Jimin raced their butts out towards the Basketball Game while Namjoon and Yoongi went to play Billiards. Jennie dragged Chaeyoung to the photo booths while Hoseok went solo and played the Dance Arcade Machines.

Talk about having fun together, huh?

I laughed hard, shaking my head in disbelief. I still stood in the corner with Taehyung when my phone suddenly ringed. 

It was Jungkook calling.

"Kook!" I cheerfully stated as soon I answered the call. 

I saw how Taehyung glance at me for a second then turn his eyes back in front again. "Why'd you call? Why aren't you at the class today, anyway?"

"That was what I was going tell you," I heard him took a loud sigh. "I went into your house, your Mom told me you went to class today. So, I immediately prepared myself to go to school, too."

I instantly laugh. "And as you went to school, you found out the class is cancelled for today, am I right?"

"Yeah!" He whined. "Where are you?"

"I'll send you the address, you-" I then heard a girl's voice. "Who is that, Kookie?"

"Lisa!" I heard Jungkook blurted out, surprised. I glance at my phone's screen as my eyebrows burrows. 

I glanced at Taehyung who was already staring at me. "I guess Jungkook's with Lisa at the school." I informed him.

"Maybe," Taehyung shrugged. "Dad's at the school. He's included in the meeting."

"Oh," I looked away. I then heard Jungkook calling me. I put the phone back near my ears.

"Who is that, Chi? Where are you, really?" He asked. I was about to answer when Taehyung grabbed my phone, and put it on speaker. "It's me, Taehyung. We're at the arcade right now. "

"Together." He added.

I gave him a death glare.

"Taehyung, I-" Jungkook was cut off. "Oppa?" It was Lisa again. "Arcade? Omg, let's go Kookie, I want to play, too!"

"I'll text you the address, Kook." I said. "Let Lisa come, too. It'll be fun! My friend are here, they're-" 

"Who is this?" Lisa voiced sounds cold. "L-Lisa, give me my phone." I heard Jungkook stuttered. Then, it went silent and the line went off.

I look at Taehyung again then let out a  deep sigh. I texted the address to Jungkook then put my phone in my pocket right away. 

We suddenly went silent, an awkward silence. Then, he suddenly spoke out of the blue. "Tell me honestly, Jisoo."

"Do you like Jeon?" He asked, not giving me a single glance. He just stared in the front watching some people play.

"Of course not." I answered immediately. "I mean of course I like him." He instantly look at me. 

"I mean he's my friend, of course I like him." I added. He groaned. "You know that's not what I meant, Chi."

"Oh, you mean as a-" He rose his eyebrow at me. "N-no. I don't like him that w-way." He quickly smiled as if he felt satisfied with my answer.

We faced in the front again, watching everyone did their thing and have fun.

"Why don't you join them?" Taehyung stated. "I'm fine here."

"Nah, I'm good." I answered.

Suddenly, we heard crying. I glanced at our side and saw a little girl, weeping her hearts out infront of the claw machine. I was about to take a step forward and approached the girl when Taehyung already went near her first.

"Why are you crying, Princess?" Taehyung asked. 

"I was gonna dewlkdbnhgbkmlkvtd" The little whined. 

Taehyung immediately scratch the back of his head, as he stare at the little girl whining more loudly. I let out a mocking laugh.

"C-Can you repeat that for me, Princess?" Taehyung asked again. The little girl stomped her feet, annoyed but when he looked up at him, the girl immediately went awe as she saw his face.

The little instantly wipe her tears and snout away, wiping it off from her blouse. I scoffed straight away. 

Oh, sneaky little girl, I see.

"Oppa, I want that one." The little girl said, pointing to the turtle stuff toy inside the claw machine. "Pweasee, oppa." The little girl then made an aegyo face.

My heart felt wholesome. The girl know what she's doing. She's so cute. She then opened her hand and gave her only token left to Taehyung. 

I saw Taehyung took a big gulped as he stare at the token. He went to the machine and positioned himself to play. He's face looks so serious, I can't stop myself looking at his face dotingly.

I saw how the claw went down and grabbed the turtle stuff toy but when it went up, it falls right after. The little girl immediately cried. 

Taehyung went into his knees and hushed the little one, comforting her. But she didn't stopped crying instead she sobbed more loudly.

He glance at me, calling for help. I was holding myself not to laugh but still, I went near.

"It's okay baby." I said, patting the little girl's head. "Oppa has a lot of money, let's just buy a lot of token and get that turtle toy, okay?" The girl looked up at me and smiled. "Okay,"

I smirked at Taehyung. I nodded and point him towards the cash-token exchange. He hurriedly get his wallet out of his pocket and run towards it. 

Only a minute after he came back, scratching the back of his neck. My eyebrows knitted. "Where's the tokens?" He couldn't met my eyes.

"They don't accept cards here. I don't bring any cash with me." He said. I roughly closed my eyes. I don't know if I should laugh at his innocence or get annoyed when I realized that it's going to be my money that's going to spent.

I grabbed my purse and give him a dollar. He went back with 10 tokens in hand. I grabbed one and inserted it to the machine. I tried getting it but also failed. "This is a scam, I tell you." I scoffed.

The little girl was about to cry again when Taehyung inserted another. The claw went down and grabbed the turtle stuff toy, as it started going up no one blinked nor breath. 

We all cheered as it successfully falls into the hole. The little gril grabbed the toy out and hugged it so tight.

Without thinking, I hugged Taehyung, too as I leapt in so much happiness. He did, too. When we realized, we both automatically stood still and stare at each other's eyes.

"Chi, I like yo-" Taehyung was about to speak when suddenly we heard someone at our back.

"I see your having the time of your life, my dear brother."