Chapter 35: Halmeoni

"Are you sure?" Taehyung asked for the nth time. I narrowed my eyes at him. We are outside of my house as Taehyung was took me home from the airport.

"Okay, okay" He sighed in defeat. "Just text me, okay?"

"Tae, I'm going to sleep, I'm having jetlagged as a matter of fact. And I know you have it, too," I stated. "And beside, we were together for three days straight."

"Aren't you tired seeing my face everyday?" I asked.

He nodded. "I'm tired," 

"See-"

"But never of you," I instantly felt myself blushed. 

I couldn't contain my smile. I giggled while covering my face as I felt myself blushed more.

Lisa then made a throwing up sound. "You guys are too sweet. I feel like throwing up." I laughed at her remarks.

"Shut up, Lisa." Taehyung grated at her. Lisa just rolled her eyes, "Why didn't you just let me go with Jungkook?" 

"Because I know you'll just stay at their house. Your Mom's already missing you. So I'm taking you home directly."

She clicked her tongue in annoyance and crosses her arms.

"Drive safely." I stated. Taehyung nodded. "We will." Lisa wave her hands cheerfully, "Bye unnie." I wave my hand back. 

I watched how their car drove away. Right then, I started walking inside the front yard, dragging my luggage with me.

As I yanked the door open. I heard someone familiar. "Why don't you just tell her, Ae? It's for the best." 

"I can't, Mom. It's gonna break her apart. I do-"

"Mom?" I called.

I glance at the side and saw my Mom at the living room. My eyes widen in surprised as I found out who those familiar voice comes from.

"Halmeoni!" I quickly rushed to her side, dropping my luggage in the ground making a loud thud.

Both of them was quite startled. Too startled, even.

Halmeoni met my gaze as her eyes glittered as she sees me, she opened her arms wide ready for my embrace. I immediately dashed my way towards her. "I miss you so much!"

"I miss you, too my little Chichu!" She giggled.

I pulled away from the hug. "When did you got here?"

"Just yesterday," She answered. I glanced at Mom. "Why didn't you tell me, Mom? I-"

"Now, I'm hurt. Where's my hug?" Mom cut me off, pouting. I let out a chuckle. I went close to her and hugged her tight. "I miss you, Mom."

"Liar," I laughed. "Really, I did!" I exclaimed. She let out a chuckle and hugged back.

"So how was Hawaii?" Halmeoni asked. I look back at her and smiled brightly.

"It was so good!" We all took a seat at the same time, "The weather's great! The foods there are so delicious. We all had fun with my friends!" 

"And your boyfriend?" She grinned. My eyes widen, surprised that she knew. I narrowed my eyes at my Mom who just smiled, guilty as charged.

"We had a great time, too." I answered, feeling embarrassed. 

"I want to meet him." She stated. "Really?" I asked, feeling excited. 

"Mom, I don't think its such a good idea to-"

Halmeoni cut Mom's words. "What? I'm just wanna know more about who made our little bunny this happy," She said looking at my Mom intently.

"Oh uh," I pouted. "Are you guys planning something?" They immediately glanced at me. 

"Taehyung great, Halmeoni. I assure you that," I defended. "He's the sweetest, kindest and honest man I know."

"Well, after Dad," I continued. "Dad's still the best man ever for me." I smiled brightly at them.

They all returned a smile but I know Mom's smile not that genuine. "Anyways, I should start unpacking then get to bed." I faced my grandma. "Halmeoni, how long are you staying?

"It's-"

"Please, tell me it's long. Please. Pretty Please!" I pleaded. Batting my eyelashes at her. She giggled. "For two whole weeks, my bunny girl."

I jumped out for joy. "Yes!" I kissed her cheek. And went for my Mom's too. "I'll go upstairs. Proceed what you're both talking about earlier. It seems serious."

"Y-you heard us?" Mom asked, sounded so alarmed. I shook my head. She immediately sighed in relief. 

I don't know but Mom's acting so weird this days. I just shrugged it off and proceed towards the stairs. I know she has some secrets of her own that she don't want know me about it. And I respect that. 

She's still in the process of healing so I'll wait for her to open up.

***

I woke up and directly stare at the window. It's already nighttime.

I grunted. "Uh, how long did I sleep?" I muttered. My voice was hoarse. "Good for about 5 hours, our baby bunny ." I immediately glanced at the corner of my room and saw  Halmeoni sitting in my study chair, looking at the picture frame of my Dad and I.

I reached for my chest, breathing hard. "You scared me, Halmeoni." She glanced at me and smiled.

 I exhaled deep before speaking again. "Sorry, Hamleoni. I was just so tired by the flight, jetlagged."

She nodded. "I understand, dear." She went by my side and sit in the corner of my bed. "How are you, Jisoo? Are you doing fine? Are you still taking your medicines? Are you eating right? Does-"

"Halmeoni, why so serious?" I laughed. "I'm doing good now. Really. I'm still taking my meds but no more panic or anxiety attacks."

"I think I'm healthy already!" I cheered, flexing my arms.

She gave me a sweet smile. "We just want what's the best for you, Chu. Remember that, okay?" Confused as it is, but still I nodded. "Your Mom needs you but you need yourself more. You need to be strong. You need to be brave. Okay?"

I nodded a couple of times. "Yes, Halmeoni. I will."

"Good, now get up. We're eating dinner together," She stood up and started walking out of the room. She then stopped her tracks and glanced back. "And you might need to wash your face," My eyebrows knitted.

"Your boyfriend's here," My eyes widen. "Taehyung?" She nodded. "And oh, you're best friend, too. I invited them for dinner." 

"Jungkook?" She nodded, "Yes, now hurry up." And closed the door softly.

I immediately went to the bathroom and fix myself. After I'm done, I directly made my way out of my room. As I started walking down the stairs, I hear them chatting, exchanging smiles and all

I feel so happy witnessing them altogether.

My mom's smile is real and true. I felt tearing up, staring at her beautiful face. "You deserve the world, Mom. You deserve to be happy." I whispered to myself.

I hopped my way towards them and put my arms above Taehyung and Jungkook's shoulders. "You guys are the best!"

They stared at me like I'm a hard puzzle then they glanced at each other, shrugged at the same time. 

I laughed out loud.