Chapter 33: Camp Out

The sun was starting to set and we decided to camp out. We're having barbeque for dinner. Yoongi, Jin and Namjoon volunteered and started roasting the meat. 

"Yah! Jim, Chae!" Jin scolded the two who were covering themselves while giggling their hearts out. Jin has finally found out that they were eating the cooked ones instead of cutting them. 

"I'm starving already, Jin." Chaeyoung whined.

"Here, let me do it," I stated. I grabbed the knife from Chaeyoung's hand and started slicing the cooked pork into squares. 

I glanced back at the both of them. "How about you guys prepare for the table, hm?" 

Jimin saluted. "Yes, ma'am!" He then grabbed Chaeyoung hands, dragging her away from the food to whom Chaeyoung immediately whined right away.

A moment after, Jungkook went besides me. "I'll do the fruits, Jin." He took at out a pineapple from the ice bucket and started slicing it in half.

I looked up at him and immediately gave him a smile. "So, are you having fun, Ji?" He asked out of the blue.

"A lot." I nodded and started slicing again.

"That's good to hear," Jungkook stated. "I'm happy, you're happy."

I looked up to his face again. "I'm happy, you're happy, too." He let out a chuckle.

"So, how's you and Taehyung?" He asked. I glanced at Taehyung who was busy sorting out the tents along with Lisa and the others.

"He makes me happy," I stated. "So much." I looked back at Jungkook who was already staring at me intently. 

I continued. "We both decided to heal together and I can feel that it's working so far." 

He nodded. "That's good." He let go of the knife and patted my head. "You're doing great, Chi!" I immediately giggled. 

"Who's a good girl? Who's a good girl?" He started stroking my hair, messing it in the process. I groaned. Now, he's teasing me, treating me like I'm kind of a dog that did something good.

"Ah, cut it out, Kook!" I smacked his shoulders but he ignored my remarks and still proceed to do so. 

"Can I help?" Jungkook stopped. I glanced at our side. It was Lisa. 

Jungkook cleared his throat while I fixed my hair, combing it using my fingers. "Sure, Ly. Come help Jisoo here. She's too slow."

"Yah! I-"

"I'll help Chi, you help Jungkook, Lis." Taehyung suddenly appeared out of nowhere and went besides me directly, he started getting the cut meat I've made and put it in the stick. 

I was still staring at him. He must have noticed so he looked at me and smiled brightly. I then glanced Lisa at Jungkook side, too. She was cutting the fruits along with Jungkook. 

Jungkook then started complaining. "Yah, that's too big!"

"Whatever, we can still eat it." Lisa stated.

"No, that's too big. The barbecue stick can't lift that. It's too heavy." Jungkook explained. 

"Ohh," Lisa then looked at Taehyung holding the barbeque stick in his hand. She then realized and looked at us, grimacing. "Right" She let out a nervous laugh and made a peace sign to Jungkook. 

Jungkook just sighed while Taehyung and I laughed at the both of them.

***

"Where are we going, anyway?" I complained as we climbed up a stone stairs where Taehyung was leading me to. "I don't like hiking!" I groaned. "I really don't like moving a lot, for that matter!"