Chapter 16: The Visit (2)

"I got my memories back." I stated.

I saw how their eyebrows turned into a frown.

"I-I don't understand," Chae stated, shaking her head, confused.

Jennie was opening her mouth and closing it again. It happened three time already.

I laughed at their state.

"Yah, Kim Jisoo. Don't just laugh at us," Jennie scolded me. "Explain, please"

I exhaled deep and stared at them both. Should I tell them? 

It's not that I don't trust them and all, I trust them with all of my heart. It just that if they'll knew, I know they would get caught up with it. I don't want that to happened. 

"Please, Ji." Chae clasped my hand with hers. "We just want to help."

I opened my mouth and then glanced my way to the guest room, where's Taehyung's hiding as of the moment. He might hear it. 

I bit my lips, weighing up the situation.

Fuck it, it's now or never.

I put my gaze back to the two and started explaining to the very beginning. Where Taehyung and I first meet. How my family and his family became close and how it went downhill.

I speak directly from the heart. 

I delivered it in a way that I was talking to him. How I would sound like when he's in front of me. Because, I want him to hear me. 

I want him to understand why we can't be like when we were in the past . Why it must come to an end. 

Why it will never be the same again.

I saw how Jennie and Chaeyoung's reaction changes over time. From looking shock in to knowing the reason, to feeling giddy about my relationship between Taehyung. Up until, that moment that let their tears started flowing from their eyes.

"Oh, my God!" Chaeyoung wailed, covering her mouth in shock while Jennie was just looking at me, sobbing hard. 

She was speechless.

Me on the other hand, was stopping myself not to cry or maybe not, I was getting tired. I couldn't cry. Maybe, my tears already dried out. 

For whatever reason, I didn't know.

"Ji!" Jennie whimpered. They both jumped at me and locked me into their arms. I let out a little chuckle and hugged back.

They both pulled away from the embrace and stared down at me. "You we're so brave, Ji." Jennie stated while Chae nodded, "So brave."

 I hummed in response. What they said became a trigger. My tears failed me again and so, I started crying, bawling my eyes out.

After a minute or so, we started getting calmer. 

"Thank you, Jen, Chae," I smiled at them. "For being here."

They both smiled back. "Always, Ji." Jennie said. 

"We always have your back." Chae stated.

The front door suddenly opened, revealing Mom with hand full of groceries. I quickly wiped my tears away and immediately went near and grabbed some of the bags to helped her. The two followed and grabbed the others leaving my Mom holding nothing.

"Thank you, girls." said Mom, giggling. "You guys staying for dinner?"

Chae shook her head. "As much as I want to, Aunt Ae. Your cooking is the best but I promised my Dad I'll be home by dinner."