Chapter 44: Friendship Ends

"Okay, class dismissed," Mrs. Yang stated in front of the class.

I started cleaning my desk and putting my things inside my bag when I heard Mrs. Yang called my name.

"Jisoo, can you come with me to the teacher's lounge?" Confused but still, I nodded. "Right now, please?" She added. 

She looked serious. And that made me nervous. I followed her behind as we walk through the hallway and into the empty lounge.

We went straight to her cubicle. 

She gave me a seat which I politely accepted. Now, we're sitting face to face with each other. I swallowed a lump in my throat when her expression was still bleak. 

It was clearly full of dismay.

"I'm just going to go straight to the point," She sighed deep. "Your grades have insanely dropped."

I immediately looked down.

"All in all, you're always ranked top two." She stated. "There was even a time you beat Namjoon's top one record."

I bit my lips, nervous and embarrassed. "Now," She sighed again. "You're ranked top five already."

I immediately looked up at her. Surprised, I'm quite shocked that I've dropped that low.

"I-I" I stuttered. I couldn't say a word.

She moved her chair closer and hold my both of my hands. "I completely understand. You've been in and out of the hospital for quite a lot already, but" She stopped. 

"But?" I asked. 

"You've been so out lately even you're inside the class, it's like you're not there." She continued. "Is there something bothering you?" I instantly looked away.

She tightens her hold in my hands. "I want you to know that the teachers can help you. I can help you. Just tell us what's wrong." I  straightened my back and look directly at her eyes. 

Her stares where quite hypnotizing. The type that would put me into a trance but I still didn't back down and tell her.

 I won't. 

I can't afford to break down and have someone know my secret or else, all this sacrifices that I've done so far would fall into pieces. 

"Thank you for the concern, Mrs. Yang. I really appreciate it." I gave her a small smile. "I'll try my best to get my grades better."

She looked at me intently but I didn't budge. I remained gazing at her. That made her gave up and exhaled deep. "Okay, but my door is wide open, Jisoo. Let's try to talk it out sometime sooner, okay?"

"Sure, Mrs. Yang." I bowed at her. "Thank you for your time. I'll take my leave then."

She slowly nodded and I immediately went out of the office.

As I close the door, I immediately leaned on it and took a deep breath. 

As realization hit me, my life is slowly crumbing right in front of my eyes. And I don't know how to stop it.

***

"Jisoo, wait up." I heard Chaeyoung called. I ignored her calling me out and continued to walk in the open field.

This days, I kept running away from them. As much as possible, I must avoid them at all cost. This is a matter of my own problem and I must solved it on my own. I don't want them to get involved.

"Jisoo," I felt someone clutched my arm to stop me from my tracks. "We need to talk." I glanced at my back and saw Jennie.

"Lisa was crying and we-"