Chapter 47: Let Go

If I could describe the trip from our home towards the airport, it would only be one word: heartbreaking.

We took a cab as our ride. Mom and I were both silent. No one utter a word with one another. Or maybe, Mom just let me have my space for the time being.

"Uh, we could listen for some m-music?" I glance at the rear view mirror where the cab driver was looking at us, asking for permission.

I gave him a small smile and nodded. 

"Sure." Mom replied.

The cab driver turned the tuner on, and we heard the radio DJ spoke right away "-the night have come and I want you all to hear my most favorite love song of all time and it's none other than,"

A 'very familiar' song then played right after.

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know

The song slowly went low.

I hope you'll all remember those memories with your loved ones as you hear this song, my dear listeners. "The iconic mellow song by Ed Sheeran, "Photograph"

Then, the DJ's voice slowly fade away and went back to the song.

I sadly smile as I listen to the song more. Why does fate have to hurt me more? Of all the song that has to be played, why does it have to be our song?

God, this is so hard.

But there's nothing I could do but to stare outside the window as those memories I shared with him flashes in my mind.

***

Mom and I both stood up from the passenger's terminal seat when our flights were announced. We started walking towards the line where the tickets will be passed on to. 

Suddenly, my right arm was being pulled away. I turned around to see who it was and saw Jungkook.

"Kook, why are you here?" I was surprised when I saw him again. He was panting for air. It was very clear that he was running around looking for us.

I let out a deep breath. "Mom, you should go first."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

I nodded. "I promise I'll follow."

"Okay." She answered. I watched how my Mom gave her ticket to the ticket clerk and walked inside the the jet bridge.

Once you're in, you can never go back.

"I guess this is it," I turned around to face Jungkook and give him a knowing smile.

He started to panic. I saw his eyes gleamed as his tears was building up "Oh, Kook. Please don't cry." I whined. "Because I''ll cry when you'll cry."

"No, Ji, I understand why you're going, I understand that,". He started looking around, "It's just that-"

"What is it?" I asked him. 

He doesn't seem to be in his right mind. He keeps on glancing at his back. "Why do you seem so agitated? Is something wrong? Are you feeling-"

"Chi, I can't!" He started shaking his head abruptly. "I just can't let you go and suffer all alone."

My eyebrows knitted. "Kook, we already talked about this." I sighed. "Just let me go."

"No, wait for a few minutes," He pulled my hand and slowly dragged me away from the boarding pass station. "They're coming." He muttered something but I didn't quite heard it.