Chapter o8: The Secret

After getting exhausted from all that dancing, we went back to our table and decided to grabbed a dessert to eat.

Jennie suddenly elbowed me. "What?" I uttered as I took a spoon full of cake into my mouth.

Jennie grimaced. I chuckle and stuck my tongue out. 

"Where's Jungkook, by the way?" She asked. "I haven't seen him ever since the party started."

"Well, actually he can't come." I answered, still enjoying the cake in front of me.

"And why is that?" Jennie asked again.

I sighed. "I don't know," I looked at her. "He said he got some errands to go to." I narrowed my eyes at her. "Why are you looking for him, anyway?" I pointed my fork at her and she immediately backed away, giggling. "Now that I remember, you and Yoongi scored the deal the other day, huh."

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot," Chae yelped. "Tell us the whole detail, girl!"

Jennie immediately blushed. "W-Well, it was just simple one, actually. We just went out and dine in a restaurant. He confessed and I did, too." She shrugged. "Then, we made it official."

 Chaeyoung and I squealed while Jennie covered her face, her ears were fully red.

"Ew Jen! You feeling shy and giddy doesn't suits you!" Chaeyoung made a face at her. 

"Preiodt!" I extended my arm to Chae, she immediately gave me a high five.

Jennie suddenly glare at me. "Well, you should talk, the Great President, Jisoo Kim!"

"What?" I stared at her, looking confused. "What did I do this time?"

"I'm talking about you and Jungkook!" She whine at me.

"Again?" I rolled my eyes at her. "I told you many times, we're just friends!"

"Really, though?" She grinned. "Does he feel the same way?"

"Of course!" I yelled back.

"If I know, maybe he's not crossing the line because you've already put that friend zone between the two of you." She stated. "I believe he likes you, Ji."

I scoffed, shaking my head at the same time. "Not gonna happened."

Jennie just rolled her eyes. "Whatever," She then looked at Chaeyoung. "Now that I remember, you and Jungkook knows each other, too. Am I, right?"

My eyes widen, shocked. I didn't know that. "Really?" I looked at Chae happily eating her piece of cake. 

"Chae," Jennie called. 

Chaeyoung glanced at her, eyes widen. She looks so cute with her mouth full.

"I heard you and Jungkook knows each other. Is that true?" Jennie asked.

Her smile instantly faded and right after, she looked away. My brows creased as I stare at her more, I can see hurt in her eyes . Well, that can't be. Why?

 She started tearing up. My mouth gaped at what I'm seeing. I don't understand. 

Why is she on the verge of crying? 

"Yeah, I know him. He knows me, too no doubt about that. But that's it, we just plainly knows each other." She stated.

"Just mere acquaintances." She uttered in a whisper.

Jennie and I both looked at each other. We were both confused at Chaeyoung's sudden outburst.

"I went back here to get away from him. I transferred to this school, meet new friends. Start a new life." She suddenly laughed sarcastically. "Fate really is full of surprises."