Chapter 20: The Talk

"D-do you still love her?" Lisa stuttered.

Jungkook just remain silent. 

Lisa bitterly smiled. "Of course, you do." She looked down.

"Kookie, how about we just stop this?" Jungkook instantly looked at her. 

"What do you mean?" His eyebrows knitted.

"This marriage. Us." Lisa stated, still looking down. "I don't want you to suffer anymore. I'll tell my dad that something came up, just anything," I heard Lisa let out a whimper. "Just to let you be free."

"No, Lily. Please, I can't lose you, too." I saw tears started flowing on Jungkook's eyes. "I'm already losing Jisoo, I can't manage to lose you, too. I'm gonna lose my mind."

She faced him. "Why don't you just confess?" He immediately looked away, shaking his head. 

"I can't," He uttered. "I'm afraid after I'll tell her what I feel, she'll get mad at me, s-she'll keep her distance at me, I can't-"

"You know what?" Lisa stood up. "Just do it. Not for her sake. Heck, not even for mine. But for you" 

She sneered at him. "You're confused, Kook. You're in this type of world that you built with her. I don't know why and how you are doing that, but if you remained and stayed there, you're gonna lose everything." Lisa forcibly wipe her tears and immediately walked out.

While Jungkook stayed there, looking down. Still, crying his hearts out.

After a minute of contemplating, I decided to approach him. "Kook," I called. 

He immediately wiped his tears and looked away. I sighed and sit beside him.

"H-how long have you been there?" He asked, stuttering.

I glanced at him then looked down. "A while" I muttered.

Then  silence came, no one said a word between us. He just remained looking on the opposite side of me while I decided to close my eyes and feel the breeze of the wind.

"I loved you, Chi." He finally confessed. 

I glanced at him only to met his eyes, so sad. So pure, full of longing.

"I don't know for how long," He continued. "But for all I know, it has become too deep that I can't already escape."

"I tried to not to," He sniffed. "Because I knew for sure, you don't feel the same way." I unconsciously turned my gaze away from his. 

"I tried to lessen the pain." He forced a laugh. "Thinking I'd be happy that we're still friends. Still, close to each other. But," I looked at him again. "It pains me to think that we'll just stay that way."

I feel so sorry for him. Jungkook is an amazing person. Even I admit, I would fall for him, if only I didn't fall in love with someone else first.

"I'm sorry, Kook." I muttered.

"I know," He sadly smiled. "It's not your fault. I did this. It's my felling that broke us. It's me that put us in-"

"No, how can you say that?!" I faced him. "Kook, having that emotion kept our friendship alive. I may have not reciprocate it the way how strong that is but it made our friendship tough, able, and full of love."

"Tell me, did you regret that you loved me?" He immediately shake his head. "If I would be given a chance to go back, I would never change, Chi. I would still choose to love you."

I smiled at him and hugged him tight which he gave back. "But it's time for you to come back, Kook." He pulled away from the hug, with his brows both creased.