Chapter o5: First Encounter

I'm currently lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. My mind was still wandering about what happened between me and Taehyung at the school.

Not knowing that I would reminisce everything just because of his return.

***

I'm just staring at my Dad while he was looking outside through the window. He was hiding behind the curtains.

"Okay, baby. Now's the time. Give it to them." He said, giving me a bowl of cookies.

"But dad---" I sighed.

The moment I reached our neighbor's front door, I glanced at our house knowing that my Dad was still looking. I can see him clearly through the window even if he's hiding behind the curtains. 

I sighed at the thought. My dad's stupid but I love him.

I know I'm still 8 years old but I'm already mature for my age. Too blunt as what my friends used to say. I don't even in Santa now that I caught my Mom and Dad placing my Christmas present near my bed during that Christmas night.

"Ugh, don't tease me—!" I yelled as I tried reaching for the doorbell.

When I got tired from jumping that's when I realized that I can just knock on the door. I chuckled at my silliness.

The door opened and a woman in a white linen dress was glancing everywhere. Her brows were knitted. She suddenly closed the door again.

I knocked again and shouted. "I'm down here! I have cookies!"

The door opened and she instantly looked down. "Oh, hi sweetie! I didn't see you there." She giggled. "Come, " She opened the door wider.

I entered and took a seat in the couch in their living room.

"My dad asked me to give these to you as a way to apologize for the yesterday's incident." I instantly explained while I point out the tree in their backyard.

She smiled at me sweetly. "Oh, is that so? Can I know what's your name then?"

"It's Kim Jisoo, ma'am" I answered.

"Oh, hello, Jisoo. My name's Kim Tae Hee, you can call me Aunt Tae"  She stated. I nodded and gave her my brightest bunny smile.

"You're so cute, Jisoo. I'm guessing you're the daughter of our neighbor?" She pinched my cheek. "Are you the one who bake these cookies?" she asked.

"First question-" I look at my hands as I stuck out my index finger. "Yes, ma'am. I am the daughter of Kim Yunji and Kim Aerum"

She giggled.

"Second question-" sticking out my thumb along with my index finger.

"My mom told me to tell you that I did but to tell you the truth is that I just watched her bake it."

She was laughing now. And started pinching two of my cheeks already.

"Mom?" We suddenly heard someone spoke. There he is. The boy who saved me from falling off the tree the other day.

"Tae, come here baby. Meet our cute little neighbor. And look, she brought us cookies."

"Say hi, baby." She gently pushed the little boy closer to me.

"Uh-hi.." he said in a whisper. I gave a small wave and whispered "Hello"

I bowed, "Thank you for saving me, Taetae."