Chapter o1: My Trust

"Jisoo, wake up."

No thank you.

I keep myself silent and instead, roll away from my incoming alarm, Jungkook.

"Yah. Get up." I felt the bed sank. He probably took a sit on the corner.

I groan in frustration. "Just give me one more hour, Kook. It's Saturday, I'm just making up for the school days that I--" He started tickling me.

And the next thing I knew, I was already a laughing mess.

I quickly grabbed his arms and pushed him on my bed. I went on top of him and tickle him back for revenge. 

Right after, I stopped and realized how awkward our position right now. I met his gaze that was already pasted on me. I nervously gulped hard and pushed him out of the bed right away. 

"Ahh!" I heard him shriek as he fell and made a loud thud on the ground. 

I laugh mockingly.

He stood up and glared at me. 

I purse my lips and plumped back into the bed again. "Just leave me alone!" I throw a pillow at him.

"Yah! It's already 1:33 in the afternoon! And you're still sleeping. You already skip two meals." I know he looked at his watch. It's too accurate for him to know that.

I remain silent, my eyes still closed. 

Seconds after, I heard his faint footsteps, he's leaving. Maybe he surrenders. 

Hah! Now, I can sleep in peace.

I heard the door opened.  "Too bad! I was planning on buying a bucket of chicken for you."

And that's where I snapped. I instantly stood up. Jungkook is quite stingy when it comes to money so this would be a "once in a blue moon" opportunity for me.

"I change my mind. Let's go, Kook!" I started walking towards him beaming my sweetest smile.

His eyebrows rose. "Really? With that outfit?" He asked, grinning.

I froze and looked at what I'm wearing. 

Heck, of course I'm still in my pajama, I just got up.

 "Let me change. Just give me two minutes." I said.

He chuckled and nodded lightly. "I'll wait for you downstairs." 

Then, he leaves the room.

***

We're currently sitting at the bench here in the park of my neighborhood.

This has been our get-up ever since we were kids. Almost everyday, we go here to play. 

Damn, I miss those days. 

Nothing to worry about, just two close friends sharing fun and laughter.

Now that we're old enough, I seldom see Jungkook anymore. It's quite hard to maintain a good friendship like that situation but were still managing.

"You've been so busy lately. What are you so stressed about?" He asked.

"Well, the founder of our school is coming back," I let out a deep breath before continuing. "I already told you I'm the student's council president this year, right? 

"The pressure has been on me." I replied, pouting.

"A-ah right.." He look away and started focusing on licking his ice cream. 

He suddenly became silent right after that, like awkward silence. 

"Weird," I thought. 

I shrug it off and let the topic change. "You'll be staying here for good now, right?" I asked him.

"I-I don't know. My parents still hasn't said about permanently staying here but rest assured, I'm staying 'til I graduate high school." He smiled down at me and gently pat my head.

I frown. "Damn! That's so frustrating. Aren't your family getting tired from all the moving? How about you? "

He chuckle. "I guess, but I'm used to it already, Chi." He stated, still looking ahead and not even giving me a side glance.

Jeon Jungkook came from a rich family. They own some fine hotels located in different countries. 

That's why they keep moving from one country to another. His parent always brings Jungkook with them wherever they go to directly teach him the family business. 

He's the only child, so I know how hard this is for him.

He can't afford to make mistakes. That's what his father taught him.

He just came back a week ago after leaving the country for 2 years. We didn't lose contact though, but everything seems to have change. 

I sighed at the thought.

"Let's go? The sun's already setting." He stood up and started walking away.

I know something's bothering Jungkook right now. I can see it in his eyes. But I wondered why he's not opening it up to me now like he used to? 

I know it must be a big deal for him to be behaving like this.

He looked above his shoulder, and stopped from his tracks when he noticed that I wasn't walking beside him. 

I blankly stared at him.

He look back at me, confused.

I then started marching my way close, grab his arm and intertwine it into mine. 

It's like there's this wall between us and I don't know how climb through it or make it go away. 

I can feel it, it bothers me to be honest.

It bothers me a lot but I know we can make it somehow.

Trust. 

Yeah, that's just I need to do right now. 

I know he trusts me and I trust him too, wholeheartedly.