Chapter 25: School Carnival (3)

The afternoon came.

Taehyung never leave by my side. I know why he's doing that. He don't want something that happened in the morning taking place again. So, I just shrugged it off and let him to his thing.

"Hi, Are you Kim Taehyung?" I glanced at my back and saw Jackson speaking to Taehyung.

"Depends on who's asking," I immediately laughed and face them. "Why? What's going to be your other name if you don't want others to found out?" I asked.

"Jack," I replied.

My eyebrows rose. "Just Jack?" 

He shrugged, "Well, my Uncle PD likes just one-name basis so Jack. Like "Jack, come back" He explained, impersonating the iconic titanic scene. Jackson and I laughed out loud while he keeps his face still.

I glanced back at Jackson, shaking my head. "I'm sorry. He's kind of weird sometimes."

"You're the one to talk, Ms Pres." Jackson smirked. "I see you balancing bottles at your shoulders every time your bored."

"Pfft, what?" Taehyung chuckled. I cleared my throat as I hit Taehyung shoulders. "Why is it you want with "Jack" right here?" I looked back at Jackson once again.

"Well, you see. You've been refusing our booth since morning and we've been doing refunds right there and then but your name on our list just keeps coming back,"

Taehyung's eyebrows rose, "So, what do you want me to do?"

"How about you just do a one time thing, you see there's this girl, my friend. She likes you-"

Taehyung cut him off. "I already made myself clear, bro. I-"

"Tae, why don't you go just this once?" I asked. "What?" His eyebrows furrows.

I glanced at the back and saw people glaring at us. I smiled apologetically and immediately dragged them both outside the tent. 

I forgot we're currently in the movie marathon booth and they're actually watching something. The three of us are being noisy inside.

"Look, just this once. Think of it as your participation for the event or whatever," I smiled at him. "Okay?" He rolled his eyes and nodded in defeat.

"Okay, but you're coming with me." He stated. I was about to answer when he added, "No, buts!"

"Okay, fine." I agreed. "Now, what booth does your class do, Jackson? I keep forgetting the booth list, silly me." I laughed.

 "Blind date booth." He answered. My jaw dropped.

After a while, I could only muttered, "Oh," and let out an awkward smile.

***

My eyes never left from Taehyung and the girl from the other class, Tzuyu Chou.

"Regretting it, already?" 

"Hm?" I glanced at my side where Jackson is. "What did you say?" He let out a chuckle.

"Why did you even pushed him to do it, you're just hurting yourself." Jackson stated. 

"I-uh I felt guilty." I glanced back at them. I was quite shocked when Taehyung was actually talking to the girl who was currently giggling at him. 

"Guilty?" I looked back at Jackson.

"Yeah, I was at the jail booth just this morning, and uh someone confessed to me," I let out of small chuckle. "He found out and bailed me right away."

I then narrowed my eyes at him. "And isn't that you're friend that you're helping? Why are you suddenly siding with me?"

He laughed. "If you've just told me earlier that you guys we're together, I wouldn't have push this through, Ji." He scoffed. "Are you stupid or something?" I just rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out of him.