Chapter 41: Deepest Secret

It was already 10 in the evening when we finished group studying. I invited them to stay and spend the night in our house but they insisted on going back home.

They said they didn't get permission from their parents and besides, it's still school day tomorrow.

I understand and let them go home.

I send them off and accompany them outside 'til they manage to drive off on their way. After, I slowly closed the door when suddenly I heard my Mom's voice. The voice came from the kitchen.

I thought they were sleeping already?

"I can't do it, mom." She stated. "I just can't."

"Ae, you should do it. It's the right thing to do." I was about to joined them but stopped when I heard my name.

"Jisoo needs to know the truth." My eyebrows furrows. "The real truth."

Real truth?

I was right! There really is something that doesn't add up. They're still keeping the truth behind a secret. I must know what it is.

I slowly crept near and hide myself behind the wall separating the living room and kitchen. I was stealing glances at them on a small opened door.

I saw Mom was crying so hard already while Halmeoni just stared at her. I can see Halmeoni's upset and mad. 

"She can't handle the truth," Mom wailed. "It would break her apart."

My heart started pounding hard. What are they talking about? What truth can't I handle?

"I know but we'll be there with her," Halmeoni responded. "She'll hate him but when the time comes she'll move on. I assure you that. We can-"

"Mother, look at me!" Mom yelled. "Am I moving on? Three years have passed and I'm still hurting."

"Cut that crap, Aera. You're fine, now! We both know that!" Halmeoni yelled at her, too. "You're just scared what it'll do to your own daughter that-"

"Okay, I admit it! I'm scared that she'll hate me!" Mom interrupted Halmeoni. "That he'll hate his father whom she had loved dearly!"

And the next thing that Mom will say, made me took a step back.

"Her Dad that had an affair with her boyfriend's late Mom." I gasped as I stumbled on the ground.

I immediately covered my mouth to stop myself to make a sound. I let out a whimper as I felt my lips tremble hard in my hands.

My father and Taehyung's mother?

Had an affair.

I clutched my chest so hard as my heart's started aching so much. My vision started to blur from my tears. I was breathing so hard but I couldn't let it all out or else, I would make a sound and they would found out that I heard them.

I've never cried so much in my entire life.

Then suddenly, I felt someone hugged me from behind. I looked up and saw him.

Jungkook.

I cried harder as I face him. He's on his knees, looking down at me. He leaned down and hugged me again. But this time, tighter.

I was trembling so hard in his embrace.

"Oh, Chi," He let out a deep breath.

My mind was in a mess right now.

My chest was pounding so hard and its getting harder to breath. My mind was throbbing a lot to the point that I keep pulling my hair off.

"Hey, hey, hey" Jungkook pulled back form the hug and grabbed both of my hands, clasping it together.