Chapter 39: Baby Steps

I took a deep breath while staying stood still, staring at the doorbell button. I'm quite scared of what would their reactions be if they'll found out it's me.

I am currently outside in Taehyung's house. I'm genuinely devastated to what happened because of my personal troubles that lead their home into chaos.

 I don't know what courage led me to go here after what happened but he needs me right now. 

Taeyung needs me.

"Here goes nothing," I sighed and started pushing the button. It ringed once and immediately the door opens. I saw Aunt Hee wide eyes welcomes me.

"Jisoo, dear," She instantly pulled me in and went for a hug. "I'm so glad, you're okay."

She then pulled away and stared at at me with those worried eyes. "Are you feeling alright now?"

I sadly smiled. "I'm so sorry for the trouble I made the other day, I-"

"No, dear. It was my fault, I didn't know." She shook her head, looking so down.

"I'm sorry," I uttered again.

Then, silence came between us.

After a minute or so, she spoke again. "Are you here for Taehyung?" I glanced back at her and slowly nodded.

She started walking inside and lead to the house. I followed behind. "How is he?"

We walked through the stairs and go through the straight corridor. I looked around, mesmerized how big this house is.

"He's still not leaving his room," She sighed. "But I still asked our maids to put his food outside his door room." She stopped walking, that made me halted from my tracks too. I instantly saw a whole dish outside the door. "Like this."

I looked at the door once more. Then I glanced back at Aunt Hee. I gave her a reassuring smile.  "I'll take it from here."

She gave me a smile back and nodded. She then walked away.

I inhaled deep and knock on the door.

"Go away." Taehyung yelled on the other side of the door.

I knocked again. "Taehyung, it's me."

I heard a loud thud then his faint steps becoming louder. "Could you open the door for me, please?" I asked.

"No," I heard him quite clear now. I'm guessing he's behind the door already. "Go home, Jisoo."

"Just open the door, please?" I pleaded. "Let's talk, hm?"

He remained silent.

"Please, Taetae?" I pleaded more.

The door slowly opened and I immediately grimaced at his state. He's a mess. His hair is messy. His clothes are dirty. Clearly, he hadn't taken a bath ever since. And the one that caught my attention the most, is the wound in his lips.

It was swelling up already.

I immediately reached for it to which he instantly looked away.

"Y-you stink, Tae." I joked. To lessen the heavy tension between us. I went inside and slowly close the door.

He remained stood still, not giving me a glance. I sighed and went for a tight hug. "It's okay." I muttered. "I'm fine. I'm alright."

I heard him whimpered. I then felt his arms gripped on my waist, hugging me back. "It's okay. We're okay." I say it again and again while stroking his back.