Chapter 37: Meeting Him

"What's this commotion all about?"

Everyone stood up. They were quite shocked.  Panic written was all over their face.

On the other hand, I remained sitting on the chair, stunned. I couldn't seem to move my body. I felt myself tremble. I was shaking uncontrollably. My breath was started to feel heavy. I forcibly close my eyes, calming my breathing.

"Dad?" I heard Taehyung called in a whisper.

"Hon, you're early! I thought you're staying in Macau for 'til tomorrow." Aunt Hee quickly approached him. She gave him a peck on his cheek.

"The meeting ended today." He replied. "I don't want  stay there and do nothing so I booked a flight right away."

"That's great!" Aunt Hee responded. "Uh, we're having a small celebration. There's this girl that Taehyung likes. I just want to get to know her."

"Uh, w-welcome back, D-dad." I heard Lisa stuttered. 

"G-good evening, sir." Jungkook greeted, stuttering too.

I bet they were surprised by the uninvited guest. The irony how this is his home but he's the one whose unexpected to be here.

I looked up as I felt myself became calmer. I stood up and look at him. My jaw tightened when he was already staring at me. I immediately bowed to cut our gaze.

"G-good evening, sir." 

I sighed in relief as I managed to speak loud enough for him to hear it. 

"Good evening." He answered. 

Then, a moment of silence overcame us.

"I guess I'll joined the feast, then." He added.

He started marching towards the table and sat in the opposite of the long table corner. He was facing his wife, Aunt Hee who was gleaming a smile. Oblivious of the tension around us.

"Why are you all standing there?" He stated, his voice firm and serious. "Eat."

We get back to our respective seats and started eating again.

I focused on my plate. I can feel Jungkook and Lisa's worried eyes at me. But I didn't looked back. I can't. I don't think I have the guts to tell them that it's fine because It's clearly not.

"So, who are you, young lady?" I flinched when I heard him asked.

I felt myself tremble again. Suddenly, I felt Taehyung's hand gripped on my mine down the table. I glanced at him, his head creased.

I instantly looked down. I'm breathing heavily again. I let out a deep breath and look at him straight. "Kim Jisoo, sir. It's good to finally.." I paused. "meet you."

He just nodded a little. "How did you and Taehyung meet?"

I looked away. He really forgot about my face that easily, huh? Like, he really don't remember the daughter of his business partner in the past?

Lisa then spoke out of the blue. "We're classmates, Dad. All four of us, we-"

"Lisa, what did tell you?" He cut her off. "Butting off a person during conversation is not what a fine lady would do."

Lisa immediately looked down. "I-I'm sorry, Dad."

"So, you're a student in KU, too." He stated. "No wonder, you look familiar."

I saw how Taehyung startled, he glanced at me and back to his Dad. "Dad, I think we should-"

"Ah! Now I remember," He cut Taehyung off from speaking. "You're the officer in charge to that party."