Chapter 38: The Secret

I woke up staring at a white ceiling. I slowly moved my head and looked around, immediately it made me sighed hard. I'm at a damn hospital again. I thought I won't be coming back here for a long time.

I slowly stood up and sat on the bed. I watched how my Mom and my Grandma sleeps peacefully in the corner of the room. I guess I made them worry a lot. 

Again.

I stood up and walked towards them. I saw my Mom's dried tears in her cheeks. My heart ached as I gently wiped it off my hand.

"I'm sorry, Mom." I muttered softly in a whimper.

I hate doing this to them. I don't like them to get hurt because of me. 

I saw how Mom slowly opened her eyes. She immediately stood up when she saw me in front of her.

"Ji, honey," She exclaimed. "Why aren't you in bed? Are you feeling alright now?" She lead me back to bed. I quietly obliged. "You need to take a rest first. It's not good for you to move a lot."

"I'm okay, Mom." I stated as I go back to bed, sitting comfortably while leaning on the headrest. 

I saw how she was sniffing. She's trying herself not to cry while looking at me.

"Mom, I'm sorry." I apologized right away.

"No, hon. You don't have anything to be sorry about." She started stroking my hair, fondling it. "Could you tell me what happened?"

I immediately look away. My tears filled my eyes again. I took a deep breath while squeezing my eyes shut to stop my tears from falling. 

"I was at Taehyung's house. We were eating dinner. Then suddenly, Mr. Kim came. I thought I was doing fine. I tried to to keep it all inside but," 

I look back at her, she was nibbling her bottom lip. "My emotions burst out, Mom. I thought I've moved on but it still hurts." I whimpered and started weeping.

"Oh, Jisoo," She immediately leaned down and hugged me tight as I cried my hearts out. 

"Ae, you need to tell her the truth," I pulled away from the hug when I heard Halmeoni spoke all of a sudden. 

I glanced at my side and saw her looking at us. My eyebrows furrows. "What truth?"

Mom sniffed hard and immediately look at my grandma shaking her head. 

"It's time," Halmeoni stated firmly.

Mom wailed and slowly look back at me. "Ji," She took a deep breath before continuing. "It wasn't Jung-Hoon's fault."

My eyebrows creased more. "W-what do you m-mean?"

"Your Dad was a gambling addict. He-"

"What? No! Dad could never do that! He's a great-"

"He was, hon. Remember how we always got into fights," I immediately looked down. 

I remember how I always see them hide in the kitchen room, screaming their hearts out of each other. I was still a little girl that time. I couldn't quite understand why they're fighting at that time.

Was it really because of this?

"The company's bankruptcy was all your father's fault," I saw how my Mom's jaw tightened. "It was Jung-Hoon that saved it. He helped us so  we won't be penniless, hon."

My mind was blown at the revelation. I couldn't even utter a word. That was my Dad that she's talking about. The person I thought was the sweetest, kindest and most responsible man ever. I can't believe Dad could ever do such thing.