Chapter o2: The meeting

This week seems to be the most busiest so far. 

I glance at the clock on the nightstand just beside my bed. It's now 5:59. Suddenly it rings, 6 o'clock.

Aha! I beat my clock before it could make a sound to wake me up.

I stood up and started stretching. 

I suddenly remember we're planning to have a meeting today. Therefore, I need to update them before the class starts. I grab my phone and called Jimin, the student body reporter of the club. 

"Jim!" I called out right after he picked up.

The other line remain silent. 

"Yah! Park Jimin, get up!" I heard him groaned in frustration.

"Did you inform the others yesterday for our today's morning meeting?" 

"Hm?" I inwardly sighed. I bet this one's still half-awake. I murmured.

"Oh my God, Chae! Wow! You look great in that bikini!" I shouted.

In an instant, I heard a loud thud in his line. "What? Chaeyoung? WHERE?" He exclaimed.

 "Now, you're awake." I laugh. "Now, tell me you did update them yesterday, right Jim?"

"Uh-" I forcibly close my eyes and I inhaled deep to calm myself. 

I could imagine how this would turned upside down if we won't be having a meeting right now. We're already behind schedule. Damn!

"Jimin Park!" I cried out.

"Sike! Yes, Ms. Pres. Of course, I did." He stated.

I sigh in relief. "Great. Thanks, Jim. Now I should go prepare for the day, you should, too. See you in school."

"Wait, Ji. About that bikini, I-" I ended the call before I could hear him say more, giggling.

"Curse that flirty Jimin!" I muttered, shaking my head in disbelief. 

He really fell for it.

***

"Jisoo, hon. Come on, let's eat." Mom stated as soon as she saw me walking down the stairs.

"I think I'll just eat at the school cafeteria, mom. We'll be having an advance meeting for today. I don't want to be late." I answer while grabbing my shoes in the rack.

"Ah really? Then, what do I do with this?" She stated, pouting. 

I stared at her as she started grabbing the plates from the table and dramatically sniffle, faking a sob. 

"Aw, mom. Come on, don't do this to me. I'll be late." I whined. 

She grinned, teasing me. 

I mentally roll my eyes. My mother's such a drama queen.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll pack it and go." I surrender. 

She cheerfully hop in joy and witnessing that made me do a hearty laugh.

Even though were the only ones left, Mom didn't made me feel alone. She did her best to support us in life. She's a strong woman indeed and that's why I look up to her the most.

My dad died when I was 15 years old. It was a tragic car accident. Three years have already passed, everything seems fine now. 

And I'm wishing it would remain that way.

***

"Guys, this one will be a big event. We need to make this the best thing we've ever done so far." I stated.