Chapter 45: The Confession

As I got inside our house, I rushed towards my room straight away. My knees instantly gave up after I arrived inside.

Breathing heavily, I fall on my knees. I burst all my emotions building up earlier. I cried so hard, my whole room filled with my mourning voice.

Then, the door suddenly opened. My eyes met my Mom's gaze. She immediately went closer and hugged me.

I aggressively pushed her away. "Get out." I yelled.

She shook her head and tried to get close to me again. "What happened? Why are you cryin-"

"Don't come near me!" I shouted in the top off my lungs.

She looked hurt and confused at the same time. "Jisoo, don't be like this! Why-"

"I hate you!" I cried out.

She was stunned to speak. She didn't expect to hear those words from my mouth. Even, I'm surprised. I didn't know that I was feeling that from her, too.

"Wh-why do you have to hide it from m-me?" My voice sounded so croaked. 

I sobbed so hard.

"What are you talking-"

"I know now!" I cut her off. "I heard you and Halmeoni the other day!"

She immediately covered her mouth as she realized what I was talking about. Her tears started falling uncontrollably. "J-Jisoo, I-" She tried reaching me again but I scooted away.

She falls on her knees and looked at me with those eyes full of pain and hurt. "I-Idon't want you to know b-because I know how you a-adored your f-father a lot."

She slowly went closer. She stayed a meter away from where I am. "I don't want to ruined what you're holding into,"  She whimpered. "The perfect family you thought we were."

"No, I'm not seeing that already!" I shouted. "Right after, you told me his gambling addiction. He-"

"No, you still do, hon" She cut me off. "You still adored your father even if found out about that."

"I can still see it in your eyes," She continued. "You still love him so dearly. That's why I never told you the whole truth because it would break that apart."

I aggressively shook my head. "N-not anymore!" I whined. I covered my hands on my face, sobbing more.

I felt my Mom's hand on my head gently stroking it. It made me burst into tears more.

"I'm sorry, hon. I'm sorry." She pleaded. I looked up and instantly put my arms around her. She immediately hugged back.

"It's okay. Let it all out, hon" She uttered. "Let it all out."

***

I woke up lying in my own bed. I glanced at my side and saw my Mom sitting on a chair beside. I glanced at our hands that was intertwine together.

It made me smile.

"Are you feeling alright now?" She looked up and started caressing my cheeks.

I let out a whimper. "I'm sorry, Mom."

She slowly shook her head. "It's me that should be sorry. I didn't tell you the truth." I stood up from lying and lean on the headrest. 

"I was so scared, hon" She started crying. "I didn't want to lose you, too."

I hold her hand tighter. "You're not losing me, Mom. I'm never gonna do that to you." I smiled at her. "I love you."

She wipe her tears off as she sweetly smiled at me. "I love you, too hon."

She stood up and leaned closer to me, hugging me tight. We stayed in that moment for quite a while until she said something that made me so surprised.

"How about we leave the country?" 

I pulled away from the embrace and look at her with my widen eyes. She took a sit beside me in the bed and stared at me intently.

"Start a new life, " She stated. "And away from all this,"

"I-I don't know, Mom. I-" 

I couldn't say anything. I was too stunned to speak. I can't seem to have some answers.

Leave everything behind? 

Walk away from all this mess? 

.

.

.

Can I do that?

***

I am currently doing my homework when suddenly I heard steps going loud as it was coming from outside of my room. I glanced at the door and saw it opened wide.

"Chi!" It was Jungkook. His face was full of sweat and was quite panting so hard.

I stood up from my seat. "What are you doing here?"

"I came as soon as I heard." He answered. "Are you feeling okay?"

I sighed. "Kook, you don't have to be here all the time."

"As a matter of fact, you don't have to be with me." I took a seat on the corner of my bed, turning my back from him. "Just go home, Kook."

He went beside me straight away. "Chi, just let me be with you. I want to help you."

I shook my head. "I don't deserve you, Kook."

He grabbed my shoulders and made me face him straight. "Of course you do, I'm your best friend."

My tears started falling in my eyes. "But Lisa's your girlfriend."

He immediately let go from his grip and looked away. "I- I choose you. Y-you need me more."

"You see?" I wailed. "This is wrong, Kook. So wrong!"

He just looked down. "I-I don't have any choice. I-"

"Yes, you do. You could have chosen Lisa! I wasn't even supposed to be an option."

"I-I don't know already. I'm damn confused already!" He shouted back, feeling frustrated at himself.

"Why don't you just tell them, Chi?" He asked. "Tell Taehyung the truth."

"No! I'm not going to do that!" I yelled.

"Why?" He yelled back. "Just why do you have to do this, Ji?!"

"You're hurting yourself!" He continued. "Your friends already hate you. He already hates you, too. Why do you have to keep it to yourself and suffer all alone?!"

"I'm telling them!" He stood up and started walking at the door.

"Tell them and I'll never say a word to you ever again." I warned him.

He stopped and looked back at me. "Now, Ji. That's too unfair-"

I look straight into his eyes. "I will never forgive you."

"Ever."