Chapter 36: Invitation

"Unnie!" Lisa called. I glanced at my back and saw her running towards me.

The class just ended and I was on my way to the club room. I stopped from my tracks and turned to face her. I watched her as she was catching her breath, "G-give me a m-moment." She stated, panting. 

I let out a chuckle. 

"It's my Mom," She took a deep breath and put a smile at her face. "She's inviting you for dinner."

She continued. "She wants to meet the one who makes my brother smile more often," My heart leaped at what she said. 

"Really?" I asked, feeling flustered.

"She's really thankful for you, unnie." I saw her eyes twinkled. "Taehyung was quite distant with my Mom, you know 'cause he can't fully accept her as her family that fast."

"That'll be like replacing her Mom that way," Lisa looked down. I instantly gently pat her back to comfort her. She glanced back and smiled, "But now, he's opening up. They started talking a lot in the house."

"I talked to her about you and she was quite intrigued about it," She added. "I hope you'll say yes, unnie." She looked at me with her infamous doe-eyed, batting her eyes at me like a kid. Every time she needs something, she always do that.

I let out a chuckle. "Sure Lis," I stated. "I would love to." 

"Really?" She suddenly embraced me. "Mom will be thrilled. I'll text her  now and she'll start preparing."

"What?" My eyes widen. "You mean now?"

"Yes! Tonight would be great!" She nodded a couple of times. "You're gonna love her, unnie. She's the best!" I smiled as I looked at her blabbering for more with eyes gleaming with happiness.

How can I say no to that?

***

Jungkook pushed the buttons for the codes, the door opened right after.

"Oh, I see" I grinned at him. "You go here often than I expected, huh?" Jungkook scratched the back of his neck and started to look away.

I just laughed at his embarrassed gesture.

We started going inside. I looked about and was left in awe, the place looks heavenly. With white and gold motif, the interior looks so sophisticated. All the furniture present looks so expensive. 

Jungkook lead the way and I followed behind. We arrived at the dining room where a long table captivate me right away. It's made of fine glass, well-polished with a sense of decorative gold.

Not to mention, it was full of foods, too. This was already a feast. I thought we're only having a simple dinner?

Jungkook called Lisa who then popped out from the other side of the room, I'm guessing it's where the kitchen is. She put down the whole roasted chicken in the table, no that's too big for a chicken. 

That's a whole damn turkey!

"Oh, you guys are here!" Lisa approached us. She tiptoed and gave Jungkook a kiss from his cheek. I saw how Jungkook immediately blushed. That made me smile.

 Then after, Lisa faced me and gave me a quick hug. "Thank you for coming, unnie." I just nodded and smile sweetly at her.

"Mom?" Lisa yelled. "They're here!" 

My gaze met a fine woman in her 50's. She was quite petite and was overflowing with a gentle aura.  She instantly smiled and went closer to us. "Ah, you must be Jisoo." She extended her right arm at me.