Chapter Forty Three *

Start from the beginning

Oscar:Unless you want to be fired and that can be fixed. So what do you say?

Lydia:Should've finished when I did.

Here we go.

Omar:Ain't nobody ask you. Mind yours.

Lydia:Don't be salty cuz yo slow butt wanted to run after your lame friends and now you gotta work the last day before break.

Me:Mind your business, Didi. Go make sure your bag is packed correctly for the day.

She snatches one of his sausages from his plate and he yells at her as she shuffles away. I shake my head, Jesus christ.

Me:Your uncle is picking you up from school so be looking for him.

Omar:Okay... Do you think I can hang out with Jeremy and the others this weekend? We are going to the movies.

Me:Sure, what movie are you going to see?

His eyes trail before shrugging, I look over at Oscar and he looks at me before giving a one shoulder shrug.

Oscar:Alright, but we want a ticket stub, understand?

Omar:Yes sir. I'm about to go, see you guys love you! Bye lil C.

He kisses everyone again tickling Cesar before leaving heading for his bookbag. I push the plate from in front of me I feel Oscar look at me, I just lean into his arms. He kisses my forehead.

Oscar:What's wrong?

Me:I just don't feel like me.

Oscar:You need to go to the doctor?

Me:No, it's a mood, it'll pass.

Oscar:Need me to take Enzo?

Me:Nah, I got him, he isn't going to daycare today, he's gonna help me start decorating the house.

Oscar:Don't, you know you're supposed to be taking it easy.

Me:I know but it sucks just sitting around.

Oscar:Wanna come with me to the restaurant? Have you make some of your desserts rather than us, you seem to add a little more love than us.

Me:No because I'm going to be in the way and I hate being in the way.

Oscar:You're actually never in the way, Cesar is in the way more than you even at 7 months. Come on, I miss you being at work with me. Plus you know those people love you, you bring in extra tips.

I roll my eyes chuckling. He kisses my lips and I stare at him and I nod. He grabs my hand and kisses my ring finger. I smile and grip his hand.

Me:Te amo, baby.

Oscar: Te amo, my love.

Enzo:Te amo!

We look at him and laugh, we say it back to him and I sit up grabbing another sausage eating it before giving another piece to my baby, he eats it and I pick him up to get us ready for the day.

Me:Wanna spend the day with mommy and papi?

Enzo:Yes!

I smile and nod I get in the shower washing him along the way before getting dressed in some maternity jeans and one of Oscar's sweaters. I help Enzo get dressed before walking downstairs seeing Lydia and Omar walking out of the door, but she comes and hugs me tightly, I smile and kiss her cheek.