🥀 Giyuu x Reader 🌸

GiyuuxMale!Reader
🥀 Angst - 🌸 Fluff
You still have me
Request: (no-one)
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️: Homophobia, Mentions of Neglect, Encouraged Suicide

~

(Y/N) POV
I stood behind (Y/O/S) [A/N: Your older sister. If you don't have one then pretend you do.] awkwardly as she gossiped with her friends.

A lot of the time, I was in the shadow of my accomplished older sister, (Y/O/S). It was pretty damn obvious that she was better in combat than me.

But to be honest, I didn't care. So long as I killed the demons, it didn't matter how skilled I was or everyone thought I was.

The only thing that bothered me was the way she acted. Being the favourite child, she would take advantage of me and our parents would not care in the slightest.

And something I was most conscious about was her homophobia.

She didn't even know about me being gay, and she always talked to her like-minded friends about such things.

Which was what was happening, "I know! It's honestly embarrassing that people like that even have the audacity to show their face!"

There was a shadow on my face as (Y/O/S)'s friends laughed with her. My fist was clenched, but I didn't do anything. I had to put up with it.

"Hey, have you heard that Tomioka-san came back from a long mission today?" One of her friends said, a light blush on her cheeks.

Oh yes, my sister also had the same crush as me. And jealousy was the only thing that filled my mind as they talked about my crush in front of me like they owned him.

(Y/O/S) pushed the blushing girl, "Back off! He's mine!" And without another word, the girl backed down, staring at the floor with shame.

"What would you say to a gay girl that confessed to you?" Another one said, changing the topic.

"Me?" My sister thought for a moment, "Well, that's easy! I would go, 'Ew! What a creep! You should just do us all a favour and kill yourself!', obviously!"

That was the last straw for me. My sister and her friends laughed, and I felt warm liquid building up in my eyes.

A loud scream could be heard from at least 20 yards away. Her friends had ran away, and (Y/O/S) was on the floor with a bruised eye and bleeding nose.

My eyes widened. My sister looked up at the person who had hit her with anger at first, but soon changed her expression to that of horror.

"Shut your mouth before I rearrange it for you." The Water Hashira said coldly.

"T-Tomioka-san I-I... I was just talking about-"

"Save it, I know exactly what topic you were discussing. And it's pathetic that you think that way."

(Y/O/S) was lost for words. And, frankly, so was I. Soon enough, she stood up and gave him a look of hurt, "Tomioka-san, I am sure that you understand, that gay freaks-"

"I am gay."

There was silence. (Y/O/S)'s look of pain turned into pure shock and hatred, "I... fine. Prove it, then!"

Suddenly, Giyuu turned to me so quickly that it made me jump and send shivers down my spine. He strode towards me, which got me scared.

"T-Tomioka what are you-" my sentence was immediately cut off when I felt his lips press against my own.

Before I could comprehend what had happened, he pulled away and glared at my sister, "(Y/N)!? You're... you're gay too!?" She was outraged.

"Y-yes. I am. And I'm not afraid to show it anymore!" I said, trying to sound confident. And most likely failing in the process.

Lost for words, (Y/O/S) stomped her foot on the ground and walked away, literally fuming, "Are you alright?" The Water Hashira asked me.

Finally getting what had happened into my thick skull, my face began to turn so red that it looked like a carbon copy of Tanjiro's hair.

"Y-you... me... wha-?"

Giyuu laughed. If my face could get redder, it probably would have, "Sorry, I guess that was sudden. But I don't regret it at all."

After I calmed down, my eyes developed a sad look, "What's wrong?" Giyuu asked.

"My sister hates me now. And soon enough, she'll tell my parents who won't even want to look at me ever again..."

Tears were swelling in my eyes again, and this time I let them fall. Giyuu wiped them away and I looked into his blue eyes, "Don't worry. You still have me."

~

A/N: Another chapter for awareness about homophobia. I tried... my hands hurt...

Word Count: 796