💖 Tanjiro x Reader 💖

TanjiroxBig!Brother!Hashira!Reader
💖 Platonic Relationship
I should have been there
Request: (no-one)
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️: (none)

~

Tanjiro POV
I watched helplessly as the scarred man drew his sword, ready to stab the box, ready to stab Nezuko.

"Stop it!" I yelled, but my words did nothing.

Once again, I was tied to the ground, helpless. Just like that little boy from two years ago who had found his family dead.

All because I couldn't help them.

I expected the sword to go straight through the box, but instead, something else happened.

A strange figure who hadn't been standing with the rest of the 'Hashira' appeared and kicked the box out if the scarred man's hand.

I watched in awe as the figure caught the box in mid-air. I couldn't see his face because of the hat he was wearing.

"Sorry, I'm late again." He spoke.

Immediately, I recognised the voice. My eyes widened and tears threatened to fall, but I kept a strong hold on them.

"My, my~ welcome back (Y/N)." The butterfly woman said.

(Y/N) tilted his head down to look at me, even if I still couldn't see his face. I wasn't sure what to think by that point.

(Y/N) POV
When I looked down, I immediately recognised my little brother, but didn't say anything to him.

For a while now, I had known that our family was dead. Only him and Nezuko had survived, Nezuko being a demon now.

In truth, I wanted to embrace him in a hug and tell him that I was sorry and how I missed him.

But there was time for that later.

"What has happened?" I asked the other Hashira.

"This boy has been travelling with a demon!" Sanemi replied, anger lacing his very tone, "It's in the very box you're holding right now."

Unbeknownst to them, I looked at the box, knowing my now demon little sister was inside. Apparently, she had never eaten any humans before.

"Have you asked the boy why, first?"

"What?"

"Have you asked why he did this?"

There was silence, so I took it to my own initiative to ask instead, "Why did you travel with a demon?"

When Tanjiro spoke, he stuttered slightly, "W-well... my sister... I-I swear she's never eaten anyone before!"

I looked him in the eyes. I could already tell there was something else. I stood up straight and turned to the Hashira, "Who knew?"

"What are you talking about, Kamado?" Sanemi said, clearly annoyed.

"Which one of us knew? Admit it now before I get the truth out of you myself." I threatened.

Finally, a certain blue-eyes male spoke up, "I knew."

The other Hashiras looked at him. Even though it wasn't news for me, it still was kind of strange, "I found their family dead and was about to kill her, when she protected her brother instead."

"That was quite irresponsible of you, Tomioka." Rengoku said, the usual smile on his face.

"I disagree." I cut in, "It's hard to see that sometimes demons experience suffering as well. Take this as a sign, that demons can be good too."

~Breath of Time~
/Second Form, Laziness/

It had taken some proof and convincing, but the Master had finally accepted Nezuko and let her live.

I knew it would take a while for some of the other Hashiras, but I had faith that they would soon change their opinions about her.

Even so, I still hadn't spoken to Tanjiro after so many years. So, I was going to the butterfly estate to see how he and his friends were recovering.

Once I reached the place, I directly went to Shinobu's office and knocked on the door, "Come in."

I entered, "My, my~ what brings you here, Kamado-san?"

"I want to check on Tanjiro." I replied shortly.

"Of course. He is your brother, isn't he?" She asked me.

"...yes."

"Okay. Just checking. Now come, he'll be over with Aoi."

She led me to a room where I saw Tanjiro and his friends being literally tortured.

"Tanjiro, you have a visitor." Shinobu called out, which caught his attention.

His eyes visibly widened. Slowly he got up and walked to me and Shinobu. We went to the room which he slept for the time he would be here.

We sat on the bed, "How have you been, Tanjiro?" I asked.

"Good, I guess..." there was a short silence, "Do you know about...?"

"I know."

"How did you find out?"

"Well, as it was New Year's Eve, I wanted to visit you. But when I came, I had the 'pleasure' of seeing the man who did it all."

"You saw Muzan Kibutsuji!?" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Yes. I chased him down all night and morning, but he got away." I said, disappointment evident in my voice.

Again, there was silence, "I missed you, you know Aniki?"

"I know, Tanjiro." I replied, "I should have been there."

~

A/N: Ideas for the next story are welcome.

Word Count: 842